Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

What area on boat

I’m sorry for all the q’s...
We have only cruised once and didn’t even consider what area I just booked and gave what they allocated me.
So for the family rooms (that sleep 5) what areas are best. I know that prob is subjective! Or could someone explain in simple terms the areas
TIA
Old 11 Mar 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

My preference is deck below the pool and buffet so if pool on deck 14 then deck 12 assuming there is a deck 13, some ships don’t have them!
This is especially true if it’s a cruise in a hot place where most of time is spent on deck, then it’s easy to pop back to cabin for more sun cream, book etc especially with kids who always forget something. Easy to get food and drink and take it back to cabin too.

Only time I’d book lower down was if it was a weekend cruise from U.K. in winter when I’d want to be nearer the shops and bars!

Also look where the kids clubs are and decide if you want to be near or far from them, again if you have kids you may want to be at the same end of the ship so it’s easy to pick up and drop off.

Which ship are you on?

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sotong View Post
My preference is deck below the pool and buffet so if pool on deck 14 then deck 12 assuming there is a deck 13, some ships don’t have them!
This is especially true if it’s a cruise in a hot place where most of time is spent on deck, then it’s easy to pop back to cabin for more sun cream, book etc especially with kids who always forget something. Easy to get food and drink and take it back to cabin too.

Only time I’d book lower down was if it was a weekend cruise from U.K. in winter when I’d want to be nearer the shops and bars!

Also look where the kids clubs are and decide if you want to be near or far from them, again if you have kids you may want to be at the same end of the ship so it’s easy to pick up and drop off.

Which ship are you on?

Gillian
Not booked yet but looking at Disney Dream. We went on the fantasy last time and it was amazing
Old 11 Mar 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

We prefer being aft on the ship as the mid ship elevators can get crowded. Also, the drink stations are aft on the pool deck.
I just look at the deck plans to see what's above and below the room I am thinking about.
Last time on dream we were in 7684. No issues, would have booked the same again but it was already booked for this year! So we are in 8676. I'm expecting them to be the same experiences.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

AlwYs check what's above. We once had a room just below the promenade and every morning early the crew came out and pressure washed the deck and moved the chars around and the scrapped across the deck which woke me up every day . We now tend to book between 2 floors of cabins if possible and either aft or forward to avoid foot traffic.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We prefer deck 7 or 8 on most ships. Only staterooms above and below, so no early morning/late night noise
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Thank you