Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Mar 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Watch out for cancellation fees with Hertz, think its around £40 ... might depend who you've booked with though.
Thanks, after reading your message I did a quick check. I booked through Ebookers and I can cancel and get a full refund up to the day before the rental.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

I have booked through Hertz and the terms and conditions say no cancellations without massive fees. I only want it for a day to drive from Cabana Bay to the port at Fort Lauderdale

Edit: I have just spoken to Hertz and they have said that on the day I am due to collect my vehicle, I will be collected and taken to another rental office. Not ideal but I asked for a change of location or cancellation and they flatly refused

Edited at 06:46 PM.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemski
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by oateyboy View Post
I have booked through Hertz and the terms and conditions say no cancellations without massive fees. I only want it for a day to drive from Cabana Bay to the port at Fort Lauderdale

Edit: I have just spoken to Hertz and they have said that on the day I am due to collect my vehicle, I will be collected and taken to another rental office. Not ideal but I asked for a change of location or cancellation and they flatly refused
May I ask who how you contacted them. I've emailed but they have replied it's the wrong department and have to me to call the USA which I'm trying to avoid.
Gemski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

Your option is quite good. If they started on Cancellation fees and charges, I'd be onto them with the "No Chance! You've changed it not me" line.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gemski View Post
May I ask who how you contacted them. I've emailed but they have replied it's the wrong department and have to me to call the USA which I'm trying to avoid.
Hertz customer service gave me this email to contact the local office
FLORLCHLESSENS@hertz.com

BUT, they've not answered my email.

Yesterday I messaged Hertz via Twitter and they've replied saying they are in contact with the the local office on my behalf and they'll be in touch soon.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

I used this number 020 7026 0077. I used option 1 - new bookings. I then explained my problem and the operator put me on hold whilst they contacted the Hertz desk at Cabana Bay directly. They were the ones who confirmed the new process.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiboo
Earning More Ears

Thank you very much for this- Hertz were too expensive so I had booked via Alamo at a nearby hotel, but I've cancelled this and booked with Avis from HRH now. Much more convenient, thank you!
Holiboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Update: Royal Pacific is now listed on the Avis site, marked 'Open after April 15, 2018'. So if you are able to cancel your Hertz, you should be able to book through Avis in just over a week.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
After a few nudges, Hertz via Twitter have just come back to me. They contacted the Hertz branch on International drive and they've confirmed we will get our car from them and to collect it we need to phone them an hour before pick up time and they will pick us up from the RPR.

Avis are currently £60 dearer than Hertz but I'll keep checking and if they reduce the price I'll cancel my Hertz booking and re book with Avis.
Old 8 Apr 18, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

I'd talk with your credit card company that you used for the deposit. They are jointly responsible for the contract you signed which was not for transfers to another depot. You should find that they will sort it out for you as a different location is not acceptable to you and they will sort heetz out.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List