Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 10, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
jenny1745
Apprentice Imagineer

three night cruise

has anyone done the three night cruise aboard the disney magic ship as we are thinking about doing that for something different to experience and wanted to know what it was like
jenny1745 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 10, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you look at the top of this forum, there is a trip report sticky.

A few of us have done 3 night Disney cruises on the Wonder and done reports with photos. Hopefully will give you an idea of what happens aboard

Happy Planning.
Old 27 Mar 10, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have also done the 3 night on the wonder.

You can read about it

Day 6 - Cruise
Day 7 - Nassau
Day 8 - Castaway Cay
Day 9 - Boardwalk
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 10, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

not long enough , in three words . we did the 3 day , then a 5 day and still not long enough , absolutely brilliant , you will never want it to end
baz
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 10, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TH1
Apprentice Imagineer

We did the four nighter on the Wonder. Based on what we read here, we thought that the three night cruise was too short The advice was spot on - to explain :
DAY 1
We arrived at port for check-in at around 10am. We were called on board at around 12 noon. We ate lunch at Beach Blanket Buffet and ordered our wine package then found our cabins. We then took the free organised tour of the ship to get our bearings (Highly recommended btw), by which time we had lifeboat drill. Once this was over, we had the Sailaway Party.
Back to the cabin for drinkies and to get ready for Dinner (early seating).
Dinner at Animator's Pallete
From Dinner, we went to the Golden Mickeys
After the show, Drinkies then bed...
DAY 2
Rose at 8.30 for breakfast at Dock in Nassau. Rather than see Nassau, we explored the ship : we played some quoits, ate some pizza, saw UP in 3D, did some shopping, used the pool. Had Lunch on board...more drinkies and prepared for Dinner, this time in Parrot Cay.
From there, it was "Toy Story-The Musical", which was fantastic. Then to bed...
DAY 3
7.30 rise for Breakfast as we dock at Castaway Cay. Tram to the Family Beach with lunch a short stroll from the lounger. In short, a full day on the beach with nothing to worry about except the crab race (my nephew won, by the way!). Back to the ship around 3 to get ready for Trick or Treat and Pirates night. Dinner again at Parrot Cay followed by the Pirates Party, Fireworks, Midnight Buffet and Pirates of the Carribean on the big screen... it's a hard life
DAY 4
Late rise to have breakfast on the beautiful Carribean sea... After brekkie, started packing and finished shopping. Intended to see Toy Story 2 in 3D but SNAFU with the projector. Watched ice sculpture creation followed by lunch. Drinkies watching ESPN. Dinner at Tritons followed by the show (sorry...can't remember the name but it was a bit "girly" for me!). Back to cabin to get cases out for the morning then race to the foyer to bid farewell to the characters.

In short 4 days was too short and I think that three days would be way too short!
TH1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 10, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

We have done the 3 day and it was great and we are doing it again. I agree it would be nice to have longer but dont not do it if 3 days is all you can do or afford it is still fab.
Old 28 Mar 10, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

We are looking at it too! Looks like I have already been persuaded to do 4 nights! I'm loving this planning! Cant wait! We are looking at doing 2011..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 10, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jenny1745
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks for your replies will think about it but unsure whether it will suit my 15 year old son
jenny1745 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 10, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
My DD (14) wasn't keen on going on the cruise at first. Once onboard however she loved it.

There is a teen club if he likes that sort of thing.
Also Disney seem to seat you with similar families at Dinner times. That's where my DD found her cruise friend.
Old 28 Mar 10, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
We did it a few years back and it was fantastic, we had never cruised before so everything was new and we LOVED IT! Its great for all ages. Castaway Cay was amazing. I highly recommend - we did the 3 night crusie and I agree with the posts above, it wasn't long enough. However, its good to try something new and want more...We've been on a cruise every year since!
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread