Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Mar 10, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

US vs. UK booking site?

I was googling for late cruise deals as I have an extra two weeks off this May and do love a good Disney cruise.

I'm a bit confused about where to book from. Travelocity came up and I didn't see that it was the US site and they were quoting me $999 for the 10 night Med cruise. I'm just not sure if I can book from them as i'm not in the US. I checked with Virgin and they're quoting £919 for the same cabin on the same cruise.

Am I going to have to suck it up and fork out about £300 more for the same cruise? I'm looking for a category 12 cabin on the 5th May cruise.

Any other sites worth checking out? I've tried Disneys US cruise site but it's been under maintenance for days now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You can book with US websites, and I just went onto Travelocity.com and it gave me a message offering me the UK site but saying I was welcome to use the USA one.
If you follow it through, the price is actualy $999 per person, so not that different from Disney itself.

Disney's website is giving me a price of $2,119.60 for 2 adults. It doesn't appear to be down.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

disney cruise site seems to be working fine this morning

you could also try dreams unlimited and ask them for a price, you do this by submitting a request and they come back to you with a email quote

can i just ask, is the $999 per person plus tax because that's what i see on the disney cruise website for 5th may it's showing a total $2119.60 for 2 adults cat 12 that's a fab price for 10 nights

i notice the same price is avail for the 26th may cruise too which again is a bargain cosidering it's whit week and will overlap into a school holiday week (i'm on a royal caribbean cruise for 4 nights whit week and it's cost a lot compared to this)
Old 29 Mar 10, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
You can book with the US site but may need to ring them to complete the booking. The only disadvantage I can think of, is if the exchange rate alters you dollars may cost you more to buy than they did at the time of booking. A potential advantage is that is work out even cheaper. You can't estimate how much but it may alter the price, its something to be aware of before you make the booking. I never used a US site for this reason but the saving you have mentioned seem well worth any fluctuation.
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I am so wishing I didn't work in a school right now...
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
UK V USA

I vote for usa... WHY because for DU can refund if cancel or alter it...

Royal Caribbean - UK I paid 400 pounds as it is non refundable.. USA refund no problems seem not right...

I wish I didn't book in UK for RCI as wish I book it in USA!

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you! It might just be the time i've been trying on the Disney site then, as I'm usually online at 7am at work and it hasn't worked the past few days.
The $999 was before tax, as was the £919 from Virgin. I know the dollar exchange rate is bad, but $999 still works out £200 cheaper than virgin per person. Virgin does however include flights so I guess it depends on how much flights are going to cost! I'll try dreamsunlimited and see what they come up with. I like the idea of a $100 a night for the cruise! lol

Because the cruise is so soon i'll have to pay upfront, which is fine, at least I know what the dollar exchange rate is now as opposed to risking it later on.

I shouldn't have done this to myself! lol I'm so dead set on going now but won't be able to afford it if the price climbs any higher!
Old 29 Mar 10, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Sorry, I didn't realise it was that near to your travel dates (2010). The exchange rate can and will alter daily but as you are likely to have to pay in full at the time of booking. You should be able to work out the exchange rate and compare with the £ rates.
I've always book our cruise and flights separately as I've always been able to find cheaper flights booking directing with the airline then booking them together. Good luck and happy sailing!
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the help... after all that though, have decided to put a deposit down for the Dream next May instead! lol The new Animators Palette and cabins have just tipped me over the edge! It's over a year away and I already can't wait! Whoop!
Old 30 Mar 10, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I am really wanting to book the Dream for next summer as well - it looks amazing.
Closed Thread