Old 17 Jul 13, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Originally Posted by hunnybun View Post
I love the Sci-Fi diner!

Great report-but it is making my tummy rumble!

Looking forward to more ;-)
thank you like I said its one of my faves and we've re booked for Halloween

Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
Really loving your report and you are certainly showing that QS meals aren't all about burgers and chips.
People find me strange that I can go to America and not have a burger, if I eat one in a year, thats a lot
Thank you I do like a bit of grease but with so much choice there's no need to just have burgers and fries even if you purely stick to the QSDP especially in Epcot!
need to just get back in the swing of writing these reports but keep getting distracted by things like the weather

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
i am enjoying this foodie thread,look forward to more.
thanks
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princessjilly View Post
Wow.. Just emailed my fiancé a link to that hot dog burger... His 2 fave things are hot dogs and burgers

Look forward to reading more
haha its certainly a 'only in America' dish

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Fantastic photos, loving your report. Will there be more soon? x
sorry for the delay a sig meal is next

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
Excellent report, keep it coming
thank you

Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
Loving all your pictures, especially the cheese! Can't wait till we're back for F&W again
me too got lots more to come including a few more F&W which will help remind me whats good for when we return
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Flying Fish at The Boardwalk (Sig restaurant) part 1

We'd spent a day snacking at the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot so found The Flying Fish to be the perfect finish to a great day

Now this is a sig restaurant which might put a few off but please don't let it. There's a dress code but nothing really strict but they don't want people walking in in just speedos but the staff definitely don't give out a stuffy persona infact our waiter Joey was possibly the happiest person in Disney and that's saying something!

For starters I went for the Signature Flying Fish Cafe Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake after reading some rave reviews (plus I am a crab cake addict if you haven't all ready realised ) it didn't disappoint and the peppers in the crab cake really worked although once again it was really filling!

Y went for Chef's Degustation of Worldly Artisanal Cheeses which you can just about see in the back ground of the above pic. Basically its five different cheeses with chutneys and the portion size was just right the best cheese in Y's opinion was the cheddar and cranberry which Joey brought more over after us raving about it!

We also ordered the trio of sparkling wine

Joey warned us they were only 'samples' so we were only expecting Epcot size samples but we ended up with 3 small glasses which was a nice shock and by the end of the night went to my head a little (light weight I know ) The rose was the best though in my opinion much more fruity which I prefer

continued...
Old 17 Jul 13, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Flying Fish at The Boardwalk (Sig restaurant) part 2

For mains I had to one again go with rave reviews and pick the sig dish... Idaho Potato-wrapped Red Snapper

Now I'm not a leek fan but they were done really nice and in the sauce barely tasted like any form of leeks I've had before. the Red Snapper was a meatier fish than I expected a;though not quite swordfish like probably more like haddock but was still super tasty and certainly a meal that I'd have again and would love to know how to make myself as it look fab

Y went for Oak-grilled Maine Diver Scallops on a risotto. Y had never had scallops before so wasn't sure what to expect but is now a huge fan (if she didn't liek them here she'd never like them ) I was really impressed with how many you got on the plate and the risotto was done beatifically and had a nice cheese tint

Now we were stuffed so really shouldn't have had desert but stuff it we were on holiday and we were prepared to waddle back to Saratoga and suffer the belly aches of a far too fun tummy

I warned Joey that I was feeling full so he recommended the berry sorbe (its seasonal and I had the choice of peach or berry), I agreed so long as he made sure it was a small one... he only came back with a portion bigger than normal -laughing his head off (such a great guy)

It was gorgeous and I'm salivating thinking of it now so refreshing and really strong in flavor

Y went for Trio of Concession Sweets. This looked so smart when it came out!

The Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn and the dark chocolate fudge burger were the best, personally we found the Cherry-limeade Popsicle a bit of an odd pairing to the others but it was refreshing not the less and if nothing else the mini coke glass it came in was cute

Over all I love this place not just for the food but also for the service! The manager came over and chatted as did the chefs and like I said Joey was amazing and I really hope we can track him down again!

Its also one of the few places where I'd order teh exact same meal again as really couldn't fault it!
Old 18 Jul 13, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Fabulous fabulous! I loved flying fish too.

Need to go to Cava del Tequila for one of those cocktails though, I've always just had the ones from outside, they look lush

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
ooo that looks yummy! I really regret not going to flying fish

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 13, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ethanjosh
Imagineer

ethanjosh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Really enjoying your food report... cant wait to try some tasters from the food and wine festival
Old 1 Aug 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kelly0205
Excited about Disney

Loving your food report :-) but I'm hungry now.
kelly0205 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 13, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Fab food report - thanks for sharing!

Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 13, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mmmmmmmmm, can't wait for more, your making me so excited xx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List