Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 13, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Making magical memories Day 4

Day 4 La Spezia

So this morning we woke up in Italy at La Spezia.

Many people were getting off the boat as I looked out onto the port area, they must have set their alarms!

And were probably off to see Pisa! We were more lazy and wandered down to parrot cay for breakfast.

Dan was feeling the fact that we had been on board for a few days now and we had not yet seen stitch and chip and dale! So after breakfast we went to sort part of that out. On our way we had a very simple, but still talked about highlight of the holiday. We were walking past Lumieres and past the exit. Stood there was Andre our server for breakfast a couple of days ago. He called out ‘hey Oli’ ! Oli nearly burst with pride, and casually high fived him. The other two and Chris were stood there’ how on earth do you know him and how does he know your name?’ Oli walked 10 feet taller and so a beautiful friendship was born!

The characters do have a great energy about them! And Minnie looked great in Italian costume!

We then moved off to have a spot of sunshine and to construct a plan.

Chris’ aunt on our last visit had raved about Italian ice cream, and Oli was very keen to try some. He had also been struggling to maintain a ‘non temper tantrum mode’ largely due to tiredness I think, but also thought that some one to one might do him some good. And so a plan was formed. He and I would go and get ice cream whilst the older boys go to see Iron Man 3. What Oli didn’t know was how petrified I was about not speaking Italian and being on my own with him in a strange place.
Brave face on, off we got.

No hassle at all. We stopped at the port building to ask where to go to get the best ice cream. They were great, gave very good directions and we were soon off. La Spezia was very pretty.

We didn’t do the most thorough tour, but made it to the ice cream shop, bought an ice cream each and sat and enjoyed it.

I did feel that I should have not had a strappy top on; it felt like I had too much ‘on show’ and if I went again would wear a t shirt with sleeves. It was a pretty place, orange trees in the street and a good view from up the steps.

It would have been nice to get the ho ho bus to get to a beach, but I wasn’t that brave! We walked back along the harbour watching fish, and boats.

Spotted goofy hanging off the back of the boat!

We were back pretty much as the film finished!

I guess we had lunch then, and delivered the last of the fish extenders, before we managed to queue to see chip and dale, which pleased Dan no end,

and then went and joined the others in the Donald animation class. This fitted us for timing as it was then down to Parrot Cay for dinner tonight. Our table mates had been off to Pisa and had had a good time. It is something we want to do in the future. The dinner again was lovely, but as our table was one of the first you come across, it was a bit ‘in the public eye’ as other guests came past frequently for toilet breaks etc. So not as great. We like it for breakfast but dinner is not so great!

We spent ages watching the world go by after dinner.

It was just beautiful!

I have a feeling we passed the pad where some famous celeb got married?

Who could blame them, it was just superb! I would like to come back here ……

Oli and I missed the show Walt the dream goes on tonight.

He had asked to go to bed, so we snuggled up on the bed and were both almost asleep when the others came back. They had enjoyed the show, but not rated it too high!

I’m not too sure when they had these taken, but they both pose well!

Edited at 09:30 AM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 13, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

What a lovely day and your photos are beautiful
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you. It was a beautiful cruise. The dibb has also been an inspiration to improve!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

Closed Thread