Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Oct 13, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Making magical memories Day 7

Day 7 At sea

Let’s start with the towel animal from last night (need to pad today out somehow, too much relaxing going on!)

We were at sea all day today, so we had a lazier start before heading for brunch at Lumieres.

Passed the silent auction ... locely pics, but not our prices Lovely to have a change today, although our server didn’t bring the pastries to get started. It was a lovely meal. Made all the funnier by Oli’s friend Andre who popped up again!

Oli was deliberating over his choice in the menu. It was still early by cruise standards, so still on the breakfast end to brunch. Andre (who was looking after nearby tables) came over and asked him what he was having. Oli told him he had no idea. Andre told him to have fish and chips, apparently that’s all English people eat! Oli dissolved into giggles, which was fun. He didn’t, he had eggs in some shape or form, and Andre pretended he was hurt that his recommendation wasn’t followed. It was great!

Jonny had been bet yesterday that he wouldn’t get up to meet a princess before the holiday was over, so when we realised he could meet them all after breakfast he had his leg well and truly pulled. He was up for it (slightly scared about that!) but when we saw the queue we had to let him off, it might be a bet, but over an hour for it …. Not likely!

I have no idea how we passed the next patch of time, I think it was shuffleboard, but not sure! I meet Jonny and Oli making origami hearts after watching the heaving mass of people at the character dance party.

They were very cute and had they had enjoyed making them. Planes was next on their agenda, they hadn’t seen it and so this was perfect time for some Deck 7 snoozing! I was very shocked to discover that other people were there too! I thought I was the only person who knew about that space!

By the time the film finished, I was slightly cooked so we reconvened in the room. We needed food and went up to topsiders. I know lots of you love it, but it wasn’t my kind of food service. It was nice outside with the shade, but I’m glad not to have to eat there too much!

We must have been mad, but our next move was to go to the towel folding class! Well I tried to escape and went and looked at the handbag shop and the lounge, but not much was happening so I went back. It turns out that it’s not too hard to make this…. Can you see what it is yet? Oli tried to claim it his own, the cheek of it! It was mine!

More chilling out, by the time we had wandered back and begun to think about packing it was time to get and ice cream (well the boys did) I had an hours tour ‘the art of the theme’. It was nice to be shown around, to hear about the fact that carpets were still being replaced despite the ship only having 8 days left before dry dock! To hear about the colour of the lifeboats etc.

I quite enjoyed it, and pointing out the hidden mickeys on our later wanders round the ship!

While we were in the atrium, my three and their table mate friends were in the queue to meet chip and dale. They grabbed my camera, but its flash didn’t go off for some reason.

It was a bit of a shame not having shutters photographers out and about on the last day, it was only for the princesses. I wish I had realised before!

When we got back to our rooms, the boys found a package on their beds. It was the pillow cases I had left at the beginning of the week.

They were really chuffed with them. Oli wants his framed (must get round to that)! Dan wants to use his

, and Jonny has his somewhere but is, I think, too cool to use it or have it on show, but not too cool to have not needed it in the first place!

Dinner tonight, Parrot Cay was the only night we let the boys sit one end of the table and adults the other! This led to a fair amount of noise at times! We had some adults’ conversation, which was nice, as we had had to chat over the boys. The boys got a tad silly. We were somewhat rude about Jose our head waiter, who seems to do nothing all evening, whilst the others work their socks off. There was a speech by one of the ents staff about how wonderful we have all been and please do show your appreciation. The waiters all paraded in with their national flags, we waved our serviettes and the boys were the loudest in the room, especially as Gede and Carlos went past! We had to calm them down after that!

One of the downsides was that by now the photographers were not there so we met Donald un photographed. We should have met him earlier!

We did pick up the photos tonight, which was lovely to have as real pictures, even though we also had the CD too. What price on dreams and memories? I popped in to the shop to buy a bag for my birthday, that was marked as being in the sale, it was $60 and had 25% off, but for some reason cost only $15! Bargain!
We went back to put our cases out, all that about have you had your cases out of sight does bother me a little, but we trusted and it worked out ok! Then we went down to watch my favourite show of the whole cruise, Dreams. It was classic Disney, story, imagination and was just so lovely! We all enjoyed it; we do need to believe that dreams can come true!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I really wish I could find a sneaky discount for one of my Dooney's!
Old 26 Oct 13, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Liked your comment on Jose !
He too was our head waiter never spoke to me during my 12 night sail (was not personal also never spoke to others on the table either)
My US table mates refused to tip but I had prepaid so he got from me!
My US table mates were against pre-paying tips for that reason
Old 27 Oct 13, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by highland lass View Post
Liked your comment on Jose !
He too was our head waiter never spoke to me during my 12 night sail (was not personal also never spoke to others on the table either)
My US table mates refused to tip but I had prepaid so he got from me!
My US table mates were against pre-paying tips for that reason
I asked for our tip for Jose back. We increased the amount for Gedes and Carlos as we thought they were so good. We really didn't understand why we had to tip Jose (DH of Caj)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I really wish I could find a sneaky discount for one of my Dooney's!
I wasn't that bothered about the dooneys. Loved the fossils. Decided I could do better at eBay. End up buying from amazon, a bigger size than I had seen.

My cruise bag, is lovely, I think I got the discount because we were nearly the last week. It was in the sale anyway and then 25% off!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread