Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 13, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

Just back from the Reimagined Disney Magic

Just got in from the Disney Magic. Any questions? I'm happy to share
winotracy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Did you see the toddler splash zone at all? Is it any good?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I'd like to know what has happened to the secret deck on 7 and if it will impact on the nearby accessible cabins.

I hope you had a wonderful time, once you got on board
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Did you see the toddler splash zone at all? Is it any good?
I did see it and will have a picture or two of it once I download photos. It is just Huey, Dewey & Louie in a mostly enclosed area (just ventilation at the top. You enter on the port side and it is next to the pool, but all enclosed with glass. There are sprinklers around the ducks. Cute, but not very extensive.

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I'd like to know what has happened to the secret deck on 7 and if it will impact on the nearby accessible cabins.

I hope you had a wonderful time, once you got on board
I stayed in 5650 and we could hear a lot of noise, but it was from the show in Animator's Palette. They were practicing a lot. I couldn't hear anything from secret deck 7. I had friends who stayed in 7129 and we went there to deliver a gift, walking right by the old entrance. No noise at all! I asked them later if there was any more noise by their cabin and they said "why would there be?". They had no idea there was a generator there. No problems whatsoever.

We did have a fab time once we got onboard and will be going back in March for the make up cruise.
winotracy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
I did see it and will have a picture or two of it once I download photos. It is just Huey, Dewey & Louie in a mostly enclosed area (just ventilation at the top. You enter on the port side and it is next to the pool, but all enclosed with glass. There are sprinklers around the ducks. Cute, but not very extensive.

I stayed in 5650 and we could hear a lot of noise, but it was from the show in Animator's Palette. They were practicing a lot. I couldn't hear anything from secret deck 7. I had friends who stayed in 7129 and we went there to deliver a gift, walking right by the old entrance. No noise at all! I asked them later if there was any more noise by their cabin and they said "why would there be?". They had no idea there was a generator there. No problems whatsoever.

We did have a fab time once we got onboard and will be going back in March for the make up cruise.
Thank you Tracy, that is very positive news.

Great news you have another cruise to look forward to
Old 29 Oct 13, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Good to see you posting
Was hoping to have met in WDW
Looking forward to seeing the photographs
Old 29 Oct 13, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Welcome home! Glad you still managed to get on the first sailing, albeit a little later than planned.

I've been following yours and Scott's updates on Twitter and although he said the new areas were great, he was really disappointed with the existing areas as they didn't seem to have been touched. Promenade Lounge, private verandas and staterooms all got a mauling .. Did you feel the same?

Do you know if they have plans to carry on with the refurb over the coming weeks? I don't mean major areas, but things like Scott pointed out (handles missing, coolers not working etc)?

Looking forward to the photos, if you could put them in a new thread, we can then see them easily and I can make them a sticky if need be!
Old 29 Oct 13, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely to have you back Tracy

I also read Scotts review and i'm a little worried because we chose those navigator staterooms and his looked far from "guest ready"

i was wondering if you had any chance to see any concierge rooms at all (because I do have a question re these)

welcome home

Edited at 05:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
Hi. Thank you Tracy. I'm sure the little ones will love it anyway.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Welcome home! Glad you still managed to get on the first sailing, albeit a little later than planned.

I've been following yours and Scott's updates on Twitter and although he said the new areas were great, he was really disappointed with the existing areas as they didn't seem to have been touched. Promenade Lounge, private verandas and staterooms all got a mauling .. Did you feel the same?

Do you know if they have plans to carry on with the refurb over the coming weeks? I don't mean major areas, but things like Scott pointed out (handles missing, coolers not working etc)?

Looking forward to the photos, if you could put them in a new thread, we can then see them easily and I can make them a sticky if need be!
Originally Posted by mazz View Post
lovely to have you back Tracy

I also read Scotts review and i'm a little worried because we chose those navigator staterooms and his looked far from "guest ready"

i was wondering if you had any chance to see any concierge rooms at all (because I do have a question re these)

welcome home
I witnessed Scott's room and have to say that his was bad. It was almost like they missed cleaning up in there. I did also see the verandah was missing the railing, but they were putting them back on between the cruises.

If you looked for things that were not done, you did find them. The Promenade Lounge was the only public area where is was apparent that it wasn't done.

I went into my room and noticed nothing wrong. Then Scott called me over to his room and I rechecked my room. I did notice some rust on the balcony and dust at the tops of picture frames, but nothing glaring. I honestly thought it looked great when I came in. New door coverings (almost looks like a film over the doors, probably to prevent scratching). All in all, I was very happy.

Were there problems? Absolutely. Did I expect problems. Absolutely. The dry dock was extended for nearly a week from what was originally planned. I think most people will be very happy with what they see. I also think the finishing touches will continue during and between cruises until it's in top shape.

We have to remember, the Magic is 15 years old. They did not gut her and rebuild the entire interior, just a big portion of it. She is not a brand new ship. We know that crew are constantly painting, cleaning, etc. to the ship and I expect that as well to continue.

I did not see any concierge rooms, but will be staying in one on March 31

For anyone that heard me on the DIBBcast, there was one question I had trouble answering -- would I go on the AquaDunk or not. The answer was yes! It was so much fun but yes, I did scream very, very loud the whole way down (once I started breathing again!). I screamed so loud that two media asked to interview me after my trip down Would I do it again? YES!
Closed Thread