Old 20 Sep 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

At the airport hotel now!
So excited, get ready for food!

😃
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Looming forward to reading this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
At the airport hotel now!
So excited, get ready for food!

😃
Safe travels!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Day 1- Travel Day

After a night in the Premier Inn at the North Terminal, we woke up ready to go, travel day is always the worst day for me as I'm excited to get there and the journey just takes too long.

We did a lap of the terminal with me resisting the urge to buy anything (yay me!)

We decided to have breakfast in Garfunkles. We have not been in years.
DH had a full English, with a slice of toast (£1 extra!)
He said that this was pretty standard, and was glad when I pointed out that this would be his last decent piece of bacon for the next 12 days.

I had a pancakes and the bacon. This was really good. Three fluffy pancakes with tasty bacon and a "maple style sauce".
They were good but it wasn't IHOP.

We got a couple of meal deals from boots incase the food was inedible on the plane. We flew BA and I am very fussy with sandwiches. I'm definately in the Pesto and coriander are not needed in everything club.

Flight left early for the first time ever, and about 45-60 minutes in we were served our lunch.
DH had sausage and mash, mash was dry and veg was pathetic, he ate the sausages.

I had the chicken and mash. Which was apparently in a pepper sauce, something which I promptly split down my front. It was ok, the kale mash was interesting.
We both had lemon cous cous, and apple and blackcurrant cheesecake, DH hated the cous cous and the cheesecake was average.

** Note- does anyone know what happened to the cheese and crackers on ba? We missed this! **

This was followed by a chicken ceasar sandwich, and a kit Kat, I didn't eat this and stuck to my chicken wrap from boots. I think that Virgin do a much better "afternoon tea".
DH said it was "ok".

We arrived at Caribbean Beach at around 6pm, and collected our mugs. These are meant to be $17.99 but are included in our DDP.
We will use these when we can be bothered to trek to the food court, we did quite well and our room is in Martinique.

We decided to press on through and went for a wander around Disney Springs (it'll always be Downtown Disney to me!)
We went to DLuxe burger where we shared a soft drink, a bbq burger and fries. This came with loads of dipping sauces, and should have cost us $21.95, it cost us 1 QS Credit. It was AMAZING. The pictures on here do not do it any justice, it's a lovely big burger and we found it to be more than enough for the both of us to share.
Fries were hot and fresh and the dips were a nice addition, our favourites were the curry ketchup and the horseradish.
After dinner I asked DH whether he would pay oop for DLuxe burger and he said, yes! So our first QS has high praise.

We then went to Walmart to pick up some bits for the room, we got crisps and beer. $29.50.

Spends for the day:
$35.00

Steps: 14,882
Miles walked: 6.75
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Great day, not much can ever be said about plane food but D-luxe burger looks yummy!
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Day 2- Magic Kingdom/ Be Our Guest/ O'Hanas

We woke around 6am, not bad for a first day. We had some snacks from Walmart to keep us going, white powdered donuts are nutritious right?

Our first "proper" meal and reservation was to be- Be Our Guest, something that I was very excited about, we had preordered our food and had a reservation for 8.40am, before the park was open, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom at around 8am and were let straight in, after a few photos we headed to the castle, to be told that we could go straight in, we found a table in the ballroom and sat down. There were plenty of empty tables but we found that they were quite close together.

We served ourselves our own drinks, Diet Coke for me and coffee for DH. And only waited for about 10 minutes for our food.

I had the Cronut with banana and caramel, this was lovely. Like a crunchy French toast, and was the perfect sized portion for me.

DH had the croque Madame, thus was very tasty, but not very warm, the bechemal sauce was well seasoned.

We found the fruit and pastries to be an added bonus, DH ate most of the pastries as I was in a sugar coma.

This breakfast would have come to $48 and we used two QS credits, I am not sure I would pay for this OOP.

Around 1pm we started to flag, so had a Minute Maid lemonade slushie from the Cheshire Cafe, this was very refreshing and was 1 snack credit, it came with a Mickey straw, this should have been $5.

Our evening meal was at O'Hana, which we had read lots about so we returned to the hotel, got changed and went back to the magic kingdom on the Disney bus for dinner so we could have a drink.

We started off in the Polynesian in Trader Sams where DH had a beer flight and I had a Pearl cocktail, this bar is really fun, with lots of antics, these drinks came to $25 dollars and we got to keep the pearl souvenir glass.

Our reservation for O'Hanas was for 8.30pm, we were seated at 8.50pm, we were starving by this point (which will explain half eaten food pictures! Sorry!)

We started with the salad with passion fruit dressing- delicious.
Bread- pineapple and coconut, we weren't massive fans of this as we found it to be dry- were we just missing butter?

We were then quickly served the hot sides, I loved the dumplings and DH Loved the chicken wings. The noodles and veg were cooked well. This was when I started to realise I was getting full... And then they bought the meat!

Chicken was lovely, juicy and hot and went really well with the peanut sauce. We were then served steak, which again was good and hot, and quite tender. DH Had a few shrimp which he said were tasty, but his favourite was the chicken.

Pudding was the best thing I have eaten so far this year, a massive slab of bread a butter pudding which was moist and amazing, the sauce was tasty and not too sweet, my only regret was not being able to finish it.

Verdict on O'Hanas- we used two TS meal credits and left $17 tip, would we go again? Would we pay OOP? It's a resounding yes from us. Service was good and the views of the electrical pageant are beautiful.

Food spends for the day $52.
(Including several diet Cokes I haven't mentioned!)

Steps- 18,265
Miles walked- 8.05
Old 26 Sep 16, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Following along! Looking forward to Ohana when we go👏🏼

I love that pearl glass too!

Kat 😀
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Looks lovely so far especially Ohanas... That looks amazing... Have a great time and look forward to seeing more
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Looks great - can't wait to read along! 3 days to go eeeeeeep!
Thanks for reading, there will be more updates soon!
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Safe travels!
Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to your report too!