Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 13, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GOLFMAD View Post
To be quite honest - do you really need to actually stay on a golf course? There are so many great courses - many in easy driving reach of most villa communities.

Although golf plays a major part in our holidays, 2013 is the first time we have stayed on a golf course - which just happens to be Southern Dunes - dictated by the fact we liked the villa above anything else. And not doing the parks this year so no need to be close to Disney / Universal etc.

In pure golfing terms - SD is (imo) a better course than HR. That is not to say I haven't enjoyed playing HR because I have.
Yes I agree we don't need to stay on a golf course, and if we liked a villa without one we wouldn't worry, but we do love sitting on a terrace/balcony looking at a view of a course, but I will remain open minded too We are not doing disney this year, only universal so will be more days sat around the pool
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

We have booked Calabay Parc @ Tower Lake which is just next to Southern Dunes, it is further from the parks but we don't mind as it means we can avoid the constant stop/start on the 192. Highlands Reserve is lovely however I did get a dump of a villa there last time I booked allocation on arrival. Needless to say we are DIY this year.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
We have booked Calabay Parc @ Tower Lake which is just next to Southern Dunes, it is further from the parks but we don't mind as it means we can avoid the constant stop/start on the 192. Highlands Reserve is lovely however I did get a dump of a villa there last time I booked allocation on arrival. Needless to say we are DIY this year.
Do you know how long it takes to get to parks from SD or calabay parc out of interest ?
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We've stayed at southern dunes few years ago. Whilst we loved the community we did find it a little to far out and we are more for Universal than Disney. Ok at the start of the day but at the end when your tired and just want to get back it is a long journey home. The golf course was fab (although we don't play) and villa gorgeous, but we wouldn't stay there again purely due to the location. We stayed close by to highlands reserve last year and this was alot closer to parks and restaurants on the 192 and us27. A much better location in my opinion
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam diss View Post
Do you know how long it takes to get to parks from SD or calabay parc out of interest ?
Can't remember exactly but taking traffic into account Disney is approx 30-40 mins and Universal 40-50 mins Thats from SD
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
We've stayed at southern dunes few years ago. Whilst we loved the community we did find it a little to far out and we are more for Universal than Disney. Ok at the start of the day but at the end when your tired and just want to get back it is a long journey home. The golf course was fab (although we don't play) and villa gorgeous, but we wouldn't stay there again purely due to the location. We stayed close by to highlands reserve last year and this was alot closer to parks and restaurants on the 192 and us27. A much better location in my opinion
Thanks for that, thats very useful to know!
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
markwatts
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I agree we don't need to stay on a golf course, and if we liked a villa without one we wouldn't worry, but we do love sitting on a terrace/balcony looking at a view of a course, but I will remain open minded too We are not doing disney this year, only universal so will be more days sat around the pool
We too find it very relaxing looking at the course that is why we bought overlooking it however neither of us have ever played and aren not that interested in the game itself.
markwatts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by markwatts View Post
We too find it very relaxing looking at the course that is why we bought overlooking it however neither of us have ever played and aren not that interested in the game itself.
Dont blame you looks stunning!
Old 5 Mar 13, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

I reckon about 40 mins but we don't mind as once we're out that's us for the whole day. There is Calabay Parc which is near HR and Calabay Parc at Tower Lake, 2 different communities to save any confusion.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread