Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Morning All,

Quick question... Booked DLP accomodation via Thomas Cook, paid deposit. Is my contract with Thomas Cook (accommodation cancelled!) or is it via a 3rd party/direct with DLP (accommodation safe!)...?

I'm going to dig out the receipt I got a bit later and try and figure it out but wondered if any of you guys had a clue...
I've just read on Facebook that Disney are trying to sort out taking over the TC bookings, so you may not have had to go through all the rigmarole of recalling the money, and rebooking.

They're literally waiting for the bookings to be sent over to them, so that they can sort things out for people. Just so you know. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I might have 2 bookings now! But i'd rather that than none... Hey ho! Guess we'll see soon enough.
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hulkbuster2000
New Poster (2)

Mobile

I've been a bit concerned re magic breaks too- due to pay balance for our DLP trip tomoro- their computers were down all yesterday & if you click the online payment link the web address is Thomas cook/ magic breaks and the web page is not working. On phone a girl told me they are separate but I've held off calling today until I checked it out more. No phone or email reply from my agent. So reassuring to see the post above but I'm still not totally reassured yet.
hulkbuster2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

They are definitely linked in some way as they take Thomas Cook gift cards. It’s possible they’ve restructured over the last year to separate but I do remember it being clearly written on their website at one point they are part of Thomas Cook.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hulkbuster2000
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Ok so I managed to talk to someone at magic breaks today. While everything about the company online says they are world travel uk she said that they are part of freedom leisure (?) which was Thomas cook. So their computer systems are shut down while they reset up to process everything through a different company- I forget what name. However she still was confident they are still in existence and will be able to process bookings, payments etc soon. So there is a definite TC link, but if they were directly affected they would be gone now and we'd be dealing with ABTA I guess- so I think it is still ok. 🤞
hulkbuster2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by hulkbuster2000 View Post
Ok so I managed to talk to someone at magic breaks today. While everything about the company online says they are world travel uk she said that they are part of freedom leisure (?) which was Thomas cook. So their computer systems are shut down while they reset up to process everything through a different company- I forget what name. However she still was confident they are still in existence and will be able to process bookings, payments etc soon. So there is a definite TC link, but if they were directly affected they would be gone now and we'd be dealing with ABTA I guess- so I think it is still ok. 🤞
We are booked to go to DLP in November. I spoke to them on live chat and then they called me. Said my booking is fine and they are moving to the co-op. Have to admit I am quite nervous, just have to see how it unfolds I think.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Further info.

X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymadclair
Earning More Ears

I booked directly with Magic breaks for hotel and tickets only, was assured by them on Monday that all is ok. However today I receive this email. Your Disneyland Paris Holiday

Dear MagicBreaks Customer,

MagicBreaks is working with Eurostar, Eurotunnel and Disneyland Paris to ensure your holiday will be the magical experience you expect. Your booking is financially protected by ABTA.

We will shortly be in a position to advise you whether or not we will need to make any changes or re-bookings in connection with any part of the Disneyland Paris package you have purchased through us. We will minimise any inconvenience to you and are currently working through any affected bookings.

The failure of Thomas Cook Group has caused disruption as you might expect. Please bear with us whilst we make arrangements to fully take over the management of your holiday booking.

We will write to you again shortly to explain the next steps. Those customers who are due to travel in the very near future are a priority and if you are one of those customers we will contact you again very soon.

Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience or worry this development may cause but please be assured that your holiday booking is extremely important to us and we will look after you. If you have an urgent concern or your holiday starts within the next 7 days please call MagicBreaks on 0330 880 5006, or email us at customercare@magicbreaks.co.uk
mickeymadclair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I got that too. Contradicts the original email that they sent out. It's all very confusing! 🤔
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We got the same email. Just want to know what’s going on
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List