Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 13, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Cool villa pool heating ?

hi all we r staying at the emerald island resort in april in a 6 bed villa but we haven't booked the pool heating. Should we? not really sure its worth the extra money but as we r travelling with children don't want it to be too cold. thanks in advance x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I was wondering about this also as we are going next april in a villa, ill be interested to see what replies you get. Thanks for asking as I wouldn't of thought to ask the dibbers

Kat
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We recommend villa guests have pool heating October to April so if you want the pool to be nice and warm especially in the morning and when you return from the parks in the evening. You could try without from mid to end of April but I dont think you will get full use of the pool.

Penny
owens5558 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We usually have the heating on until the end of April beginning of May. Its just a little too chilly without it but by about 10 days into May I'm turning it off! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post

we're staying in a villa at Emerald Island as well to mid apr and have booked pool heating as we were advised it might be a bit chilly for the children
Old 5 Mar 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

we had a villa at Emerald Island last April and didn't book pool heating, it was okay - a bit shivery when you first got in but I found it okay. My H and the children didn't want to go in it during the evening though which made it a bit pointless as we only had one day time when we were home so this time (we are going again in May) I have booked the heating as realistically evening is the only time we will consistently use the pool and it just wasn't quite warm enough in the evening (but if you plan to use during the main heat of the day it's probably okay not to heat).

This time round I booked and paid for it with my initial booking as it was the deliberating over £300 for pool heat which made me decide not to do it. It was the same sort of price this time round but because it just got rolled up into the holiday cost it didn't seem so bad
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I would go for the pool heated also. Saying that my kids would swim in frozen water I think, it's me that wouldn't get use out of the pool if it was cold
Old 5 Mar 13, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
As the others have said it is recommended till the end of April, have you booked through a tour operator or direct with the owner.

If you have booked with the owner you could always ask for it to be turned on when you get there if it is to cold, but it will take a day or 2 to warm up if the previous guest has not had it on.

Steve

Edited at 02:11 PM.
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

When we went for the first time in April we were unaware that pools could be heated(this was before we found the dibb) so had 3 weeks without it, it didnt stop us all going in though, even with the first week of our trip being really rainy and overcast. Now I do know, if i was to go again I probably would book it just to be on the safe side.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 13, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

We are going in April and HAVE booked pool heat. It's nice not having to go "brrr" when you first get in hehe and can swim day or night without being cold..I'd go for it!
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread