Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 13, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
We had guests who walked to Berry Town Centre from Highgate (but personally I wouldn't recommend it) as it's just 2 minutes drive.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions about Highgate

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 13, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Liz Paul
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Not sure if you may find it to warm to walk about in May. As Sandra said Highgate is only 2 mins in the car to shops and restaurants. It's 10 miles from the parks and nice and quiet
Old 7 Mar 13, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Can recommend Highgate park, it is a beautiful estate and although off the 27 it is an easy drive to WDW, restaurants and supermarkets.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 13, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No-one walks in America especially in the heat !
But it is easy to drive anywhere nearby, and the parking is always easy...
In the Formosa area Emerald isle and Windsor Hills have guarded gates and lots of facilities
Sunset lakes has gates and some facilites like community pool and totlot, fishing
Lindfields is not gated no facilities but does have some very nice villas
i think Indian creek is the same ?
All this will be reflected in the prices...these are all near to Dis... SL is 7 min to Ak using the Sherbeth road short cut on google
the other areas have gorgeous villas also, and none are that far
I would take a good look at the vllas in question, and choose one that has what you need and really appeals
Are you looking at Dibb villas ?..if not why not try the request section and see what is available for your dates/
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 13, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Brownfields
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 31
[QUOTE=
Lindfields is not gated no facilities but does have some very nice villas
i think Indian creek is the same ?
/[/QUOTE]

Indian Creek is a quiet residential estate in the Formosa Gardens area (same distance from WDW as Emerald Isle). Although not gated it has only one entrance which is monitored by cameras 24/7.

Facilities include 2 well equipped childrens playgrounds, landscaped gardens including an area for football and exercise equipment, jogging / cycle path, tennis courts, basketball court, mini golf and 2 lakes where fishing is permitted.

Caroline
Brownfields is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 13, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Brownfields View Post
Indian Creek is a quiet residential estate in the Formosa Gardens area (same distance from WDW as Emerald Isle). Although not gated it has only one entrance which is monitored by cameras 24/7.

Facilities include 2 well equipped childrens playgrounds, landscaped gardens including an area for football and exercise equipment, jogging / cycle path, tennis courts, basketball court, mini golf and 2 lakes where fishing is permitted.

Caroline
Wow that sounds really good on the facilities!
I knew there were no gates ...and now i know it all
thanks for the info!

This area has a range of diffrent subdivisions and all have equally a range of different facilities...good to consider what might suit your holiday style..
but i would rank the actual villa high on the choice list
Good luck with all your decisions folks!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 13, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
1973jk
Excited about Disney

We have stayed twice in Emerald Island and have loved it. I would certainly go for location every time. In that area there are a great many restaurants and very close to a supermarket. Not too far from the Walmart on H27 either.
This year we are going to Indian Creek as slightly cheaper due to not being gated. We still wanted the same easy access to and from the parks.
The first time we had a villa we had a Disney area villa, allocation on arrival. Beautiful villa in Remington but certainly not within 20mins. So far out we couldn't pop back for a swim then go out to eat.
It is all about location for us.

Julie x
1973jk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 13, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Villa

Thanks everyone for your replys it is really hard to choose a villa, there are so many on here. Think i have maybe ruled out lindfields although there are some lovely villas a lot of people are saying its quite run down now and that is making it a bit iffy for me.

Julie thats what happend to us in 2009 booked with a package and villa was in remminginton it was far to far from parks in fact from anything. As there were 2 familys and we only had one car it ment some were stuck at villa so want to make sure that dosnt happen again.

Any more help and suggesting would be great.

Thanks

Shazza
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

I would reccommend Highlands reserve, within walking distance of a publix but down the road less than 5mins from a wallmart. Most of the villas we have stayed at have been on the I27 which is about 20mins from Disney but can take longer in the rush hour. We generally decide what we want in the villa, find one, look where it is and how far away from Disney, we find if you narrow a few villas down this way you can be sure you are getting what you want.. We generally don't walk very far in Florida as it is too hot and spread out but we hire a car.
Old 8 Mar 13, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you had a look at the communities in the Champions Gate area, good access to the parks and the 429 Toll will have you right at the new restauarnts of Rolling Oaks Common in minutes.

Good advice from Steve take a look at the DIBB Guide for information on the actual communities. Also you can read reviews left by DIBBER's on the DIBB villa adverts. Often they mention the locations and amenities.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread