Old 7 Oct 13, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Treacle44
Imagineer

Treacle44's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hard Rock or Royal Pacific Resort?

There's £30 price difference between the two for one night, which would you recommend with two children ((12 & 9).

Which is best location & pool wise?

Thanks

X

2011 - AKL/BCV ~ 2010 - VWL/SSR/BCV ~ 2009 - POP CENTURY ~ 2007 - VWL/BCV/SSR ~ 2006 - POP CENTURY ~ 2004 - LAKE BUENA VISTA SUITES
Treacle44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

we have stayed at both but prefer hardrock, its a 5 minute walk to citywalk or a very short boat ride.
we have 2 teens and they loved hardrock and spent every night in the pool watching movies on the big screen
Old 7 Oct 13, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
We have also stayed at both. RPR is closer to IoA, HRH is closer to US but nothing much in it location-wise, both within 10 minutes walk of the nearest park but there is also the boat option to/from either. We found the pool at HRH far too noisy with the films in the evening and the pool area was much nicer at RPR. Preferred the room decor though at HRH.

To be honest, you will spend so little time at the hotel with a one night stay I'd go with the cheaper option.

Debra
Old 7 Oct 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Dazzle
Imagineer

Mrs_Dazzle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Toughy because they're both great hotels. Both have great pool areas (although HRH slightly bigger with slides), both within easy walking distance/water taxi rides of both parks and City Walk. Both offer poolside movies each night, both have nice rooms and excellent ambiance.

I think I'd therefore tend to agree with Tetrach and go for the cheapest, purely because for one night I couldn't choose for you!

At the end of the day it would be down to what kind of "experience" you would all want - ie the experience of being in Hard Rock and all the memorabilia throughout the hotel, or relaxed & fun RPR.

Good luck, don't think any of my whitterings would have been of help
Old 7 Oct 13, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

We only used the hotel to sleep in. Therefore we went with the cheapest option at the time (RPR).
Old 7 Oct 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The rooms in the RPR are smaller than Hard Rock. But for almost the difference in price between the two resorts you can have a club level room at RPR which includes the lounge access, breakfast, drinks all day, lunch snacks, limited dinner options and cookies/cakes in the evening with wine.

I think slightly younger kids ( <12) will enjoy the pool at RPR more too.

Either way, both hotels are in a great location with great facilities. You'll love them both.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Can I just ask if there's anything else to bear in mind when choosing between the two, like is parking the same cost at either hotel, taxes, additional resort fees etc? We have stayed at RPR and Portofino already and for next year (Sat 27th Sept) it's only £13 more to stay at HRH than RPR for the night, so just as a deciding factor I was wondering if I should take anything else into account before booking.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
Can I just ask if there's anything else to bear in mind when choosing between the two, like is parking the same cost at either hotel, taxes, additional resort fees etc? We have stayed at RPR and Portofino already and for next year (Sat 27th Sept) it's only £13 more to stay at HRH than RPR for the night, so just as a deciding factor I was wondering if I should take anything else into account before booking.
Not that I can think of. Normally I would say go for the cheapest if you have 4 or under in the room; but as you have already been to the other two I guess for £13.00 it might be worth trying HRH for the new experience...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Not that I can think of. Normally I would say go for the cheapest if you have 4 or under in the room; but as you have already been to the other two I guess for £13.00 it might be worth trying HRH for the new experience...
That's what we were thinking, we were quite happy to go back to RPR again, but for the difference it's worth a try.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 13, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread