Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 May 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Full Board plus - DLP

Any experiences out there please?

Looking at a weekend towards the end of the year, and possibly upgrading from the free standard to the Full Board plus.

Can anyone who has done this please let me know what it was like.

Is 2 sit down meals a bit too much?

Are the set menus any good?

I guess breakfast can be had at the hotel?

Any character meals that could be included?

Also, I guess this can be used from check in and however you like throughout the nights you are staying? ie if you really wanted to you could eat them all on one day?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve done full board plus twice and it’s been perfect for us. Some people will say it’s too much food but we have young children and having that sit down time to relax, eat and talk is great. We enjoyed our hotel food the best (Newport Bay breakfast and buffet).
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Any experiences out there please?

Looking at a weekend towards the end of the year, and possibly upgrading from the free standard to the Full Board plus.

Can anyone who has done this please let me know what it was like.

Is 2 sit down meals a bit too much?

Are the set menus any good?

I guess breakfast can be had at the hotel?

Any character meals that could be included?

Also, I guess this can be used from check in and however you like throughout the nights you are staying? ie if you really wanted to you could eat them all on one day?

Thanks in advance.
If you’re getting the free standard half board, you will be able to upgrade to standard full board, but not to plus level. (You can only upgrade half to full board, not change levels.)

You can still eat in plus restaurants though - just pay to top up at each restaurant. You’ll still benefit from the free dining, so still worth doing. Plus if you end up eating in some standard restaurants, it will work out cheaper in the end anyway. (Some of our favourite restaurants are the standard buffets.)

We find that half board is plenty of food, but that’s because we eat a big buffet breakfast, then a big buffet meal later in the day. If you’re wanting table service meals, then I can imagine that full board would be better for you.

Also, your dining plan will be valid from your entire stay, eg for 5 days of a 4 night / 5 day stay, but it would only include meals for 4 days. So if you’ve got full board, you’d get 8 meals plus breakfast, and you could spread those out between your 5 days.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you are on the standard plan that would be three buffet meals a day. I guess you don’t have to eat loads at a buffet so it might work. I found it too much. Usually we have a full breakfast (hot food, cereal, breads, cheeses, cold meats, pastries) and then are not hungry till about 5pm.

If you don’t eat much breakfast it might be better for you.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You wouldn’t be able to upgrade free standard to plus. You could upgrade half board to full board, but this is too much food! You’ll be spending more time in restaurants than in the parks!

Plus doesn’t include character meals.

Breakfast will be in your hotel and will be a hot breakfast buffet.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The plus voucher is worth around £35. You can use this towards any character meal and pay the difference. It is not possible to upgrade the whole meal plan but you can upgrade individual meals including the character ones.

A full breakfast plus evening meal is plenty. Full board would take up too much time for me but good if you need a sit down !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you all... this offer is via dlparisdirect. Has anyone used these?

In fact it is free half board plus upgrading to full board plus.
Old 10 May 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
In that case it will be breakfast at your hotel, a three course lunch and a three course dinner.

Too much food and too much time. A TS meal in Paris can easily take two hours.

It is best to avoid all weekends if you can - always busy. But if you do have to go on a weekend, I wouldn’t want to spend so much of my two days sitting in restaurants.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
In that case it will be breakfast at your hotel, a three course lunch and a three course dinner.

Too much food and too much time. A TS meal in Paris can easily take two hours.

It is best to avoid all weekends if you can - always busy. But if you do have to go on a weekend, I wouldn’t want to spend so much of my two days sitting in restaurants.
Great thank you.

Weekend our only option.

So if the free half plus you would say this is enough, and just pick up snacks etc on the way in-between?

Finally, what are the menus like for the meal plan? Is there somewhere to see this online?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10 May 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Great thank you.

Weekend our only option.

So if the free half plus you would say this is enough, and just pick up snacks etc on the way in-between?

Finally, what are the menus like for the meal plan? Is there somewhere to see this online?

Thanks again for your help.
Hi,

It's not just table service on the plus plan. There are plus buffets, and you can still use the standard buffets if you want to, though obviously it's not the best use of the plan. But saying that, if it's free, what are you losing?

If you Google search the menus they're in a few places. You can also find them on the official Disneyland Paris website. There's a little sign next to the menu that you can choose from on the plans. Also, you get a drink included, even though some of the set menus say drinks aren't included. That's meant for people who are paying out of pocket and choose a set menu.

I think half board is enough, but to be honest, that's entirely your choice. I had free full board plus once, and I will say it was a lot of food, and a lot of time spent in restaurants! X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List