Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
florida gaz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Not true they legally have to honour the bookings!
Yes only the flight bookings if they buy the airline. As far as I am aware no body is buying the Package Holiday side of things. TC is going to separate out and sell its airline operations only. Virgin ATLANTIC is only interested in buying TC airlines. Neither Virgin HOLIDAYS or anybody else has any interest in TC package holidays or travel agent business.
So yes your TC flight only should be honored with any new operator, but any accommodation and extras is questionable.
1999 MIC Lakefront (Ramada), 2000 Quality Inn Intl (Rosen Inn), 2001 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt), 2002 Wyndham & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2003 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt) & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2004 Best Western (Avanti), 2004 Wyndham & Hilton Clearwater, 2005 Homewood Suites & Tradewinds Sirata St. Petes, 2006 Eagle Point Villa Kissimmee, 2008 The Luxor Las Vegas, 2010,2011,2012..and 2020! Enclave Suites.
florida gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by florida gaz View Post
Yes only the flight bookings if they buy the airline. As far as I am aware no body is buying the Package Holiday side of things. TC is going to separate out and sell its airline operations only. Virgin ATLANTIC is only interested in buying TC airlines. Neither Virgin HOLIDAYS or anybody else has any interest in TC package holidays or travel agent business.
So yes your TC flight only should be honored with any new operator, but any accommodation and extras is questionable.
No the rest of the holiday will either stay with Thomas Cook or be bought out too as a going concern! Thomas Cook are looking to sell the airline still linked to Thomas Cook holidays!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida gaz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
Not true at all.

If you have a package booked with TC and the airline gets sold to VA/BA/Whoever.. then that part of your contract transfers to them and legally they must honour it or offer a solution to either refund or find an alternative.
I am only saying and interpreting what I've seen and read. I agree in part to what you are saying, but it is a very grey area until details are announced probably next week.
1999 MIC Lakefront (Ramada), 2000 Quality Inn Intl (Rosen Inn), 2001 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt), 2002 Wyndham & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2003 Quality Inn Plza (Rosen Pnt) & Tradewinds Sandpiper St. Petes, 2004 Best Western (Avanti), 2004 Wyndham & Hilton Clearwater, 2005 Homewood Suites & Tradewinds Sirata St. Petes, 2006 Eagle Point Villa Kissimmee, 2008 The Luxor Las Vegas, 2010,2011,2012..and 2020! Enclave Suites.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
florida gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
florida gaz
Earning More Ears

No the rest of the holiday will either stay with Thomas Cook or be bought out too as a going concern! Thomas Cook are looking to sell the airline still linked to Thomas Cook holidays!
Fair comment if true and lets hope so, makes sense.
Old 19 May 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i know what your saying Quensabob but its the bleeding speculators that will do the damage i think i hope not though i think virgin will grab it when its really on its feet but thats how business works
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Paying direct debit for some something you do not have is a daft way of paying for something (there are a few exceptions such as utilities).

Firstly - you could be gaining interest on this money
Secondly - you will not be getting section 35 protection
Thirdly - if using other forms of payment you could get a bonus such as air miles
Fourthly - if you have a dispute for any reason with the company you have booked with your position will be stronger if they don’t hold your money.

Let’s look at a £6k holiday in 18 months time say £500 deposit so £5.5k remaining needs to be paid 12 weeks before departure. So 15 payments of £375 into an AA instant saver via top cash back this gives you about £15 cash back the interest is 1.36% so each payment will get about £.45p for each m9nth it’s 8n there not working the maths now but I think that is over £45 so we are already at £60 better off. When it’s coming up to pay apply for a credit card that either gives you cash back or points take the; basic virgin credit card You will get 12k of points for joining and spending £1k in the first 90 days and then 2.75k for the spend.

So as an absolute minimum total of £60 and 14.5k of points for still paying monthly just to yourself not the company.
All very nice. Not everyone can get a credit card or a nice savings account. So you're talking bull again. More interested in how people pay for a holiday. Ridiculous.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida gaz View Post
Please don't be rude, no need.
I am only saying and interpreting what I've seen and read. I agree in part to what you are saying, but it is a very grey area until details are announced probably next week.
I will speak up when someone isn't being true to their word, there's no need to put an idea into others heads when it clearly isn't true.

You are bound into a legally binding contract if you've booked a package holiday, this is clearly stated with both ATOL and ABTA. Please do your own research before reading 'grey areas' and then posting.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely.

That reason the experts note “material difficulties” with selling the airline is down to the buyers having to provide seats for the package holiday part of Thomas Cook if they purchase the airline.

All potential buyers are aware of this and have still put in notes of interest.

I’d also like to point out that TC making a statement with facts about the companies ability to see out the summer and carry on into the winter is not them running scared and to dismiss this statement while believing everything the brokers and newspapers say is ludicrous. It will be people cancelling bookings due to this attitude that will make a difference to whether TC can survive or not as this changes the numbers ( which are ok)
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
All very nice. Not everyone can get a credit card or a nice savings account. So you're talking bull again. More interested in how people pay for a holiday. Ridiculous.
I also wasn’t really interested in getting into a debate about how to pay for a holiday. But I do have a long, too long, career in financial services. I agree not everyone can get a credit card but I am puzzling over your claim that not everyone can get a savings account, not come across that, other than if there are money laundering concerns of course.

But to be fair to the poster that raised it, it is an excellent financial principle for a consumer to pay everything as late as you are contractually obliged to. Better that you have the control and use of your money than somebody else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

[QUOTE=Claudette;13853625]I I agree not everyone can get a credit card but I am puzzling over your claim that not everyone can get a savings account, not come across that, other than if there are money laundering concerns of course.

I said a nice savings account, one with higher interest. Which is normally based on your credit score. So not open to all. Maybe I wasn't clear.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List