Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 Dec 08, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Brilliant day, fantastic photos.
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
I really enjoyed reading another day of your trip We didn't make it to the seaport last year so hoping to get there in 2009. It was lovely to see your photos of it all.

Did you book your bus tour before you left home? Would you let me know who you booked it with - I like the sound of it all.

We booked the loop tour before we went with Viator.com , which was handy as we had the better rate - if we'd booked it out there it would have cost more with the dollar rate so low.
We booked the 48 hour all loop which included the free boat trip - it also included the uptown loop but we decided not to do that as I had heard various reports that it was not as interesting and we wanted to use the bus as transport to the different sights. Would highly recommend the hop on hop off bus but you have to brave the weather and sit upstairs!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Brrrrr I am feeling cold reading this! When we went to NYC I insisted on sitting on top of the bus and the wind really gets to you, doesn't it!

Lovely day with super photos
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely report Jean and brilliant photographs brings back memories of when I went there in Jan it was freezing then too it was that cold they wouldn't allow us to go upstairs on the tour bus apparently when it gets to a certain temp they rope it off and don't allow people upstairs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm really enjoying your trip reports and the photos are brilliant. Sorry you were so cold.

We've never been to New York before - so be honest - if you were going again would you go in slightly warmer weather? What would you recommend?
Old 1 Dec 08, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To be totally honest I dont think I would have changed anything. The cold weather was fine and I think we would have got more tired if it had been really hot. I always imagine New York to be cold so it was exactly as I expected it to be.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jeanwales View Post
We booked the loop tour before we went with Viator.com , which was handy as we had the better rate - if we'd booked it out there it would have cost more with the dollar rate so low.
We booked the 48 hour all loop which included the free boat trip - it also included the uptown loop but we decided not to do that as I had heard various reports that it was not as interesting and we wanted to use the bus as transport to the different sights. Would highly recommend the hop on hop off bus but you have to brave the weather and sit upstairs!

Thanks Jean that's really helpful and I shall look into booking it a bit nearer the time.

We're going in July so will probably have to sit downstairs so we don't get sunburnt lol Had so many people telling me not to do NY in the summer but I couldn't resist.

If it makes you feel any better we went over Easter 2007 and it was ruddy freezing... snow on Easter Sunday... what's that about? That was the day we went on the Staten Island ferry and had to stand outside so we could get some photos. Never been so cold in my life.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 08, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another great day jean, brrrr it sounds so cold,

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 08, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Really enjoying your report Jean and again great photos. I must admit that I have had to pull the duvet up a bit more now as I am feeling all that cold
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 08, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ohhhhh, I so want to go back now.

Good old Olympic Diner. Our hotel's restaurant was closed so we ate breakfast there most days. I could just go a big stack of pancakes with bacon this morning.

We went in March and there was a blizzard on the last day. Still, more reasons to pop into all those lovely warm shops!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List