Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 11, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We love it because its easy to get to, and can go for some magic more easily. Its great for a short break and can be done on a small budget.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
parrmickeys
Helping Minnie

parrmickeys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are totaly obsessed with Disney, like you not everyone shares our enthusiasm! So its great when we can go and mix with Disney fans, and of course its not too far to travel. We've been to DLP six times and to WDW, we love them both. To us as soon as we walk in the gates and see the castle its like returning home.
We love it all. The parades and shows are lovely at DLP. The pink castle is the prettiest ever. I also love being able to walk to the parks from the hotels.
Old 20 Apr 11, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Hmmm, let's see:

1) we can be there in 3 hours
2) we can walk to the parks from the hotels
3) the detail. As Mel said in the Dibbcast Xtra, there really is much beautiful detail to see - for example, the little statue upstairs in the castle, which my god-daughter said "was why she wanted to come".
4) the chance to try out my rusty school French
5) the fact that we can eat in amazing restaurants and walk home (see the food photos on the Dibbcast forum to get your mouths watering)
6) unique attractions like Stitch Live, Cinemagique and Animagique
7) the Eurostar taking you right outside the parks
8) moderate weather (I hate heat and humidity)
9) some of the rides better - I will get teased for this but I'm a huge fan of IASW and I think the DLP version is much better.
10) where else can you hear Goofy say "Awww Revwaarrr"?

Oooh, really want to go back now!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
1st holiday Dh took me on when we started going out.
Very easy to get to for us as closer than alton towers
Love the feeling of the place
Some of the rides are better than wdw
Many reasons really 20+ visits under our belts we must like it

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 11, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

The atmosphere for starters. The fact that it has arcades behind the shops in Main Street. The castle is wonderful as is the dragon underneath. Space Mountain is a million times better than Orlando version. Add to that most of what everyone else says.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 11, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post

My Mum doesn't "get" my loving of DLP either - she just keeps asking me why I would want to go to the same place over and over again? I try to explain to my Mum that every time I go it is a different experience and that as both of us are non-car drivers - it is fantastic being able to walk from a Disney Hotel to the Parks; but she still doesn't "get it".

I also love going via Eurostar - as to me, apart from having to put your bags thru security checks; it is no different from travelling on any other train. So I like the stress free way of travelling.

I too feel like Main Street is "home" - I love the atmosphere, the parades, fantasyland and being able to meet all the characters - I'm just one big kid!

DH and I went for our honeymoon last year and to my surprise (and delight) DH has fallen for the place too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 11, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
DH and I went for our honeymoon last year and to my surprise (and delight) DH has fallen for the place too!
I am hoping that happens for me .. My man hasn't been to DLP either .. I would love to honeymoon there
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 11, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by torillien View Post
I am hoping that happens for me .. My man hasn't been to DLP either .. I would love to honeymoon there
DH isn't a Disney nut like me; but he came back with two Disney jackets and two Disney t-shirts! I think it's impossible not to get caught up in the magic of the place - so here's hoping your man falls for the place too!

Where are you staying?

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Old 22 Apr 11, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The sequoia lodge .. I stayed there last time i went .. Our almost 4 year old is disney mad just like me .. Hoping he'll love it too ..

He really enjoyed disney on ice
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 11, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by torillien View Post
The sequoia lodge .. I stayed there last time i went .. Our almost 4 year old is disney mad just like me .. Hoping he'll love it too ..

He really enjoyed disney on ice
We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge for our honeymoon last September and loved it!

Don't forget to ring or fax the Sequoia Lodge letting them know it is a trip for DD's birthday. Numbers are here - don't forget to dial the discount number first so that you can talk for 5p per minute!

We told them it was our honeymoon and arrived to champagne, bottle of water and chocolates and then when we went down for breakfast we had "VIP Breakfast passes" which meant we could go down any time we wanted and walked straight in past the queues! We didn't half get some dirty looks; but it allowed us to get into the park quicker!

I'm sure he will love DLP - I was really surprised at how much DH got into it - I'm still in shock that he bought back the Disney clothing he did considering he wasn't into Disney at all!

We're staying at the Cheyenne this time - really looking forward to it - looks like an amazing hotel!

Edited at 12:14 PM.
Closed Thread