Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 05, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks Dan,any idea how long the trip is?
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 05, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Andy, that is very similiar to our bus experience - the driver did his best to make people form a queue but it was a scrum, and I have to say it was all English people who were waiting.
That, and the lengthy dropoff means we don't want to take the bus again, I think we might be brave and try the TGV next time - I don't know why I am so scared off it, I am normally quite brave about travelling, but for some reason that has me quite nervous.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 05, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Bev

I was just amazed at how the end of the queue all rushed the door once the coach arrive.

I'm quiet queue smart, but this one got the best of me. Next time I will take a taxi, or be much more aggresive than I was this time.

Which is a sad statement.

AndyJ.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 05, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

As we are further north we are flying to CDG with BA from Edinburgh (although after some research I'd fly from Glasgow with Air-scotland next time- ,of course ther WILL be a next time).

So far we are planning to go on shuttle bus from airport but you're all now making me think the TGV would be a better option.

My only concern about changing terminals is that we have our DD(3) with us. How much walking will it involve ?

Angela
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 05, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Originally posted by BevS97
Andy, that is very similiar to our bus experience - the driver did his best to make people form a queue but it was a scrum, and I have to say it was all English people who were waiting.
That, and the lengthy dropoff means we don't want to take the bus again, I think we might be brave and try the TGV next time - I don't know why I am so scared off it, I am normally quite brave about travelling, but for some reason that has me quite nervous.
Honestly the TGV is easy and quick..once used you wont think of any other way again..

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 05, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by happytraveller
Thanks Dan,any idea how long the trip is?
From Lille the Eurostar takes about an hour and half to get to Disney.
Old 13 Sep 05, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally posted by Bunnygrrl
From Lille the Eurostar takes about an hour and half to get to Disney.
Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 05, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

We flew BA from Birmingham and BMI from East Midlands.
DH always insists on hiring a car ( he thinks the bus will be full of kids? Mmmmm... same as the parks really then! )

Went in September and found it no problem. Went back for Christmas and got lost! Traffic was awful and DH decided to overtake a big transporter just as we went past the exit we should have come off at, so I didn't see it and we ended up almost in Paris. Of course it was my fault!
That said though, still a really good idea to have car. You can nip off to the shopping village next door and on the last day you can just pack all your stuff up first thing in the morning.

Wish we were going back this Christmas!
Old 14 Sep 05, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
How much is car hire?

We got a taxi back to the airport last time which cost 60 Euros - I guess if you can hire a car for 120 Euros then it's probably not a bad idea, not sure about driving in France though, it seemed quite manic when we were in the taxi.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 05, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

We're going in December again. Been a number of ways, Dublin-Beauvais with Ryanair, link to centre then train out. Last time we hired a car from Beauvais. It was ok but hairy, both the French roads, drivers and came back in thick fog!

This year we are going direct from Belfast with Easyjet to CDG airport. I too was planning on using the buslink, but now having serious doubts! Trouble with TGV is that I don't think the train times suit our arrival, 4:00pm on Wed.

Other option I was thinking of was a people carrier (there are 8 of us), but this may work out too expensive. It's one thing for 2 or 3 people to fight the queue and get on the bus, but getting all 8 may be a problem.

It's a pity Disney couldn't impose their dignified, sensible queuing system from the airport onwards. Folk wait meekly, patiently and obediently in the Parks, yet outside they lose all their civilisation and act like animals.

I find the Europeans the worst. If you get a complete planeload from the one country, like Irish with RyanAir, there is no problem, everyone is very polite. I think the problem is at CDG where so many are mixing, who have different or no concepts of queuing. The English or Irish arriving on their own would probably be fine, but then some French, German, etc stir things by disregarding the queuing altogether, so everyone panics and pushes forwards.

I'm sure I will be accused of being racist or whatever, but I think the Germans and to a lesser extent the French are the worst offenders!
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread