Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
looks like you had a fab time, thanks for sharing

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

It was now we decided to brave the subway (wish we had done this day one would have saved us on taxis and more importantly, time). We bought a 2 hr metro card and got the map out of the subway. We walked up and down onto the platforms trying to decide which one was the right one, and eventually, I decided to ask a sweet lady who informed us that she was getting the train we wanted and we could hop on with her. She explained that we could get on either train, either side of this platform,so whichever came first, we could get on. Luckily the high speed line one came first

We got off at herald square, which took us right into a small shopping mall. Aeropostale, JC Penneys and a few other shops. We grabbed a coffee and had a wander around.

We then had a walk back up to towards our hotel and called into a little bar called the hog Pitt. Quite a cute little place.

We had a bit of retail therapy and decided to call it a day, via shake shack. Mmmmmm tasty.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©

Edited at 07:06 PM.
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Looks good and glad you enjoyed my little tip if Front St Pizza, great little authentic pizza shop.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing , loving all you pics , their fab x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Fab! Thanx for sharing!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
Fab! Thanx for sharing!
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Thanks for sharing , loving all you pics , their fab x
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Looks good and glad you enjoyed my little tip if Front St Pizza, great little authentic pizza shop.
Loved it. Staff were funny & friendly and it's a lovely walk over and cheap beer and pizza too. Thank u so much for your tip

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
looks like you had a fab time, thanks for sharing
Thanks for reading

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Day 4

Today is rockerfeller, Katz diner & Tiffany's

We when we arrived at The rockerfeller centre, we asked where to exchange tickets and were sent downstairs. The woman on the desk asked if we wanted to do the tour aswell. We hadn't even considered the tour, but as she said it was included on our New York pass and was free, we decided to do it, also it was starting immediately.

We went back up and met up with a really funny and very knowledgable bloke who gave us our earphones etc. the tour was an hour long and was mainly done outside (which was really cold ) We really enjoyed the tour and definitely wasn't a waste of an hour. The tour guide was humorous and kept going inside every so often to warm us up a bit. The wind chill was high today.

Here are a few pics...

After the tour, we headed for the lift to the observatory... WOW what a lift (top tip, look up when the lift starts ) amazing.

For some reason, I was not as scared up here. We both agreed that the views were much better from the Rockerfeller.

Continued below ...

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Edited at 09:57 PM.
Old 9 Feb 14, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Fantastic report! We are visiting in December so this has been a great read with lots of ideas for us.

Can't wait to see your pics of Rockerfella!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Continued...

We had a lovely morning at the TOTR, time for some food .

Off to Katz Diner, we had seen this on man vs food and decided we should defo try it. It was worth the visit. (Excuse my very tired, coming to the end of the week look)

The table from when Harry met Sally was just to the left of me, you can see the sign hanging down over it. Sadly we didn't get to sit at it , although we did get spoken to by the owner, what a lovely man. When he realised we were from UK, He explained to us that he had been over a couple of years ago to the UK, with a view to opening a Katz over here, but unfortunately the pastrami and other meats couldn't be made to the same consistency as in NYC and were just chewy, this was due to the make up of our water. They soak their meat in it for ages and it gives a fall apart consistency, he had even tried making it in other areas of NYC and the meat just didn't taste the same anywhere, also due to the different mineral content of the water. So he would never be able to open another diner anywhere else.

This was what we had... Katzs famous pastrami sandwich. It was delicious.

We left Katz and jumped on the tube to this little gem.

The ghostbusters operational fire station.

On the way back uptown, we heard lots and I mean lots of sirens and beeping. When we turned the corner we found this...

We then saw one of these, I don't know what they are used for, but seen them everywhere parked up. Never once saw a cop in one.

Paul decided before we arrived in NYC that I was having my birthday present from Tiffany's, so we popped in for a little look around, OMG the stuff in there was lush. I picked this little pendant...

Onto Grand Central. Lovely building, but manic

We went over to Times Sq to the Yankees shop and got a load of bargain shirts and stuff. Hungry again, we went into Dallas BBQ, huge inside and lovely food. These were the starters, I forgot to take a photo of the mains

Continued below ...

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
steelo
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved your pics, I'm going there this Thursday... I'm sooo excited, was it still snowy when you left?