Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 16 Aug 16, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Cheese curds look delish!

Sorry you were grumpy today, I'm guessing the Baltimore incident is possibley catching up with you

Nosy question - you mention heading into London to work but also that you home school Pooter - how do you manage to do both, you are truly a Superwoman! The thought of home schooling my twins does not appeal!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Cheese curds look delish!

Sorry you were grumpy today, I'm guessing the Baltimore incident is possibley catching up with you

Nosy question - you mention heading into London to work but also that you home school Pooter - how do you manage to do both, you are truly a Superwoman! The thought of home schooling my twins does not appeal!
I do 90% of my work at home, I only have to go up to London for meetings and conferences (Praise the Lord! I can't imagine doing that commute every day...).

My DH works long, LONG hours - so I typically do a couple of hours of work in the morning (while DH and Poot have breakfast and get ready for the day) and then a few more hours after Poot goes to bed (and before DH gets home).

Now that Poot is 9, he spends a couple hours each day in silent work and reading, so I can sometimes sneak in a bit of work then, too.

I didn't INTEND to homeschool him, but our schedule means that it's the only way for us. And it's been great, I know him so much better than I would otherwise. Aw...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have been to the National History museum but it must be 30 years ago (OMG), I remember the flag being hung on the wall, and it looked spectacular, I don't understand why it would be flat. It doesn't have half the impact.
I also vividly remember a large M*A*S*H exhibit (it was my favourite program at the time), I wonder if they still have any M*A*S*H stuff on display.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I have been to the National History museum but it must be 30 years ago (OMG), I remember the flag being hung on the wall, and it looked spectacular, I don't understand why it would be flat. It doesn't have half the impact.
I also vividly remember a large M*A*S*H exhibit (it was my favourite program at the time), I wonder if they still have any M*A*S*H stuff on display.
It's not completely flat, just REALLY reclining...

When we saw it in 2002 it was still hanging - I assume the weight of the flag meant it was slowly tearing (itself) apart...

Oh, M*A*S*H! I remember SO vividly going to a "M*A*S*H finale party" back in the '80s. People who have grown up with cable and satellite telly have NO IDEA how big a show could be back then (when there were only four or five channels).

I didn't see any M*A*S*H bits at the museum; most of the exhibits (first ladies' dresses and presidential memorabilia notwithstanding) seemed to have changed. Hence Elmo () rather than Kermit!
Old 21 Aug 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I do 90% of my work at home, I only have to go up to London for meetings and conferences (Praise the Lord! I can't imagine doing that commute every day...).

My DH works long, LONG hours - so I typically do a couple of hours of work in the morning (while DH and Poot have breakfast and get ready for the day) and then a few more hours after Poot goes to bed (and before DH gets home).

Now that Poot is 9, he spends a couple hours each day in silent work and reading, so I can sometimes sneak in a bit of work then, too.

I didn't INTEND to homeschool him, but our schedule means that it's the only way for us. And it's been great, I know him so much better than I would otherwise. Aw...
That's so lovely. I thought afterwards that was a terribly intrusive question to ask, so thank you for explaining. Still the thought of home schooling fills me with horror!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
That's so lovely. I thought afterwards that was a terribly intrusive question to ask, so thank you for explaining. Still the thought of home schooling fills me with horror!
Lol! You might surprise yourself...

Seriously though, it has made us a very close little family.
Old 10 Apr 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Love the bird photo, well done Poot
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Love the bird photo, well done Poot
He's my little...

...no doubt about it.

Thanks for coming back to D.C. with us -
Old 12 Apr 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
The security sounded like a nightmare, manners cost nothing !
Old 12 Apr 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
The security sounded like a nightmare, manners cost nothing !
I was HORRIFIED - it was worse than any TSA/Immigration experience I've ever had. I HATE that this is the "new normal" for our kids.

This was a down day - thanks for sticking with us.