Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My friends daughter, same age, is going through the exact same thing. My friend seems to think that as they’ve ‘been together’ for a few years now they’ve outgrown each other a bit.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You definitely need to speak to the school about this. This behaviour is bullying. As others have suggested there are deeper issues here and ultimately this could end up being a safe-guarding and well being issue.

We had similar problems and spoke to the class teacher. She was really good and as well as generally keeping an eye on things addressed all kinds of issues through the PHSE programme about friendship working together etc. Over the next half term she kept pairing the class up putting them into groups giving them lunch time tasks and problems to solve together. Getting them in groups working and listening to each other

She was pretty relentless with new activities and angles every day but she was clearly very experienced and stamped out what is the start of bullying.

I’m well aware not all teachers and schools take things that seriously but please don’t accept it and tell the school you are worried about her wellbeing and that you think it is a safeguarding issue. It forces them to log it and take some action, and if it doesn’t improve go back and do it again.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

def girls are a million times worse than lads but dont see this as bullying as above ? The school cant force/make kids be friends with x or y. but maybe could have a buddy system in place for kids who feel left out?

imo of course

my daughter was in a trio friendship group but she was always the 'threes a crowd' kid

each of the other two girls was fine when it was just the two of them but when it was three they excluded my daughter, made up excuses to not include her etc. Ironically all the mams are really good mates and still are to this day

to me this is all part of growing up, not nice but its a life lesson...

fast forward to now in Y10 she is still pals with one of the girls the other isnt even on the radar now for eather of them. Her now best pal went to a different primary and they only palled up in Y7
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Having the same issue with my 8 year old its heart breaking, unfortunately it doesn't get better my eldest is in year 8 and it still happens there, its just awful it really is.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
def girls are a million times worse than lads but dont see this as bullying as above ?
Well hopefully the school are up to speed on bullying issues.

Please speak to the school about this

defeatthelabel/is-social-exclusion-bullying/

Examples of Social Exclusion:
Leaving someone out on purpose when you know they will be hurt by your actions.
Telling other students not to be friends with someone.
Embarrassing someone in public when someone tries to approach the group.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I agree it is usually girls I have two of each (26, 23, 19 and 15 years old) and unfortunately girls seem to be like this all the way through school.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
I agree it is usually girls I have two of each (26, 23, 19 and 15 years old) and unfortunately girls seem to be like this all the way through school.
I know grown women still like this now , some never grow out of it !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
grown woman act like this also, theres plenty of threads about ladies bitching/bullying at work on here

but none about blokes ...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I know what you both mean actually. Having worked in a largely female environment for many years I agree there are women that never grow out of it. I like to tell myself most do though.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
grown woman act like this also, theres plenty of threads about ladies bitching/bullying at work on here

but none about blokes ...
To be fair it may be more common in women but nothing comes close to a truly bitchy man!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List