Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile Talk to me about the bubble...

What are your experiences with the bubble?
Tell me everything: seat numbers, meals, drinks, boarding, space for both yourself and hand luggage etc etc...
Photos would be great too!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We sat in the bubble near the back of the economy section in April this year when we flew out to Orlando with VA: row 78.

Our experience was great. Boarded straight after PE, plenty of hand luggage space as they have a cupboard to put all the cabin cases & large bags in. Leg room seemed the same as downstairs. I was given a PE meal as they had run out of my 1st choice economy meal - that was really good. The service was great as it's quite a small section with 2 cabin crew, so drinks & meals were served quickly. We were 1st off the plane after UC & PE which was an added bonus.

I suffer with sciatica when sitting for long periods of time. Obviously there's not as much space to walk around upstairs but there was still enough space for me to stand up near the kitchen area to have a break from sitting.

We've booked the bubble again for next April.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Just me but I hated it🤯 I couldn’t handle how close everything was and felt very claustrophobic... all others in party loved it ,never again for me will sit on my own elsewhere
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

It's like marmite. I love both.

The fact they can charge extra for it shows generally it's popular I guess.

Edited at 03:27 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I really enjoyed the bubble. It does feel a little enclosed to begin with and you do have to go through PE to get to the toilets. I feel there could be more than 2 toilets. The large cabin storage cupboard is really handy. I’m not a fan of reaching overhead constantly. On the whole it is a lot quieter unless you get a noisy family like we did. You have your own crew upstairs and are the first to leave so helps with immigration queues. Would definitely fly in the bubble again.
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

If you don't have under 16s with you then the exit row in the bubble (row 75) is a great option. Lots of extra legroom and you don't have the slide in front of you like you would on the lower deck. They have a compartment at the back for larger cabin bags and you have a compartment by the windows for smaller items, as well as the overhead cabins. Two toilets at the front by the cockpit, but as there aren't that many people up there there was never any queues. The bubble disembarks after premium and upper class so you will be off before the majority of economy. One thing though I believe that the armrests in economy upstairs don't go up quite as far as the ones downstairs, not sure why though.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you all, I appreciate all the replies xx
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Last time I flew in the Bubble there were around 7 people in the whole area and 3 of us in my dibbers row - so we all spread out for the flight - the captain said if anyone wanted to come up and sit in the bubble they were welcome. No one came up

My only issue was the arm rests did not go up enough for me to lye down and sleep - not sure if they come all the way up down stairs- the plane was so empty ( Dec 2018).

I am booked to go 2020 and will book the bubble again- love it as it is so quiet.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC

Edited at 10:09 PM.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List