Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Housekeeping at OKW - paid to complain!

We have just returned from 11 nights on points at OKW, first we were never given more coffee, plates, cutlery, bowls then no clean towels, I went to complain & the shortages were rectified, i then realised that the sheets hadn’t been changed either, another complain, then on the second last night the conditioner & shower gel in these new dispenser things were both finished (which of course you don’t know until your in the shower! )
I went back to reception to ask exactly what the routine for an 11 night stay was I was given an apology & asked what they could do to compensate, I turned it around & asked what they could offer me given it was our last night, I was offered $100 credit on my account which I accepted but told them in no uncertain terms that I should not have to have wasted my valuable holiday time phoning housekeeping or having to Come to reception.
The last 2 years we have been at the Poly & Contemporary on points & had no issues at all!
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We’ve just returned from the beach club and I felt the house keeping there was less than expected. Shower gel not replenished, coffee not replenished, cups not replaced, asked for coffee machine to be changed as faulty...wasn’t done (but didn’t ask again), tissues not replaced,hand towels missing glasses one day.

Nothing terrible and never complained as too busy enjoying stuff but as I say wasn’t as good as in previous years.
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh my.
What a terrible situation to be in!

It's like..the end of the world!

Compensation? Crazy, must have taken you 2 minutes to ask for things to be sorted.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Oh my.
What a terrible situation to be in!

It's like..the end of the world!

Compensation? Crazy, must have taken you 2 minutes to ask for things to be sorted.
The OP is making a valid point about housekeeping issues that have been well documented on the dibb over the last year, As a I assume DVC member as it was a points booking they pay annual dues for certain standards which should be maintained, everyone forgives a single mistake or omission but not repetitive problems so really don't get the totally unnecessary sarcasm in this post

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
The OP is making a valid point about housekeeping issues that have been well documented on the dibb over the last year, As a I assume DVC member as it was a points booking they pay annual dues for certain standards which should be maintained, everyone forgives a single mistake or omission but not repetitive problems so really don't get the totally unnecessary sarcasm in this post
Agree. If the individual criticising the comment is also a DVC Investor then the can have their say, if not that person can ‘jog on’.

Edited at 04:40 AM.
Halowa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Well done to you.

Be it cash or a DVC Points stay we pay for a certain standard. That needs to be met. I expect nothing more and nothing less.

However from what I read OKW doesn't seem to experience many Housekeeping issues whereas SSR does.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

It's the compensation I can't get my head around. Really? Asking for compensation because you didn't have enough coffee?
It literally takes a few seconds to get issues fixed.
Not having enough plates, shampoo running out, oh dear.
To me it's pathetic, but hey it seems am in the minority and people are getting their knickers in a twist (on holiday! ) for the slightest thing!
We live in very self absorbed times.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

"I told them in no uncertain terms" ?
Got to feel sorry for the reception staff sometimes.
Disney won't pay enough to retain their housekeeping staff and the receptionists take all the flack and unpleasantness from the guests.
I remember having to sort out a horrible mess with payments when checking in at the Beach Club , it took ages but we were firm it needed sorting there and then rather than it hanging around during the vacation. We certainly weren't nasty or told anyone anything "in no uncertain terms" just smiled and made it clear we weren't going anywhere until it was sorted. The receptionist was struggling to get any sense out of accounting but told us she appreciated our attitude as some guests were really vile when things went wrong. It got sorted, we got a lovely (unasked for) upgrade and some lovely gifts were delivered to our room the next day.
I don't agree cash customers should have lower expectations than DVC guests ( although as points guests last year at AKL we got given a flooded room and were then moved to an inferior room guaranteeing we won't stay at AKL again ) , everyone pays a premium to stay at Disney and should expect the standards to reflect that ... as for shower gel dispensers in a deluxe hotel ... don't even get me started !

Edited at 07:30 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
It's the compensation I can't get my head around. Really? Asking for compensation because you didn't have enough coffee?
To be fair, the OP did not ask for compensation; Disney asked the OP what they could do to compensate.

A reasonable complaint was made after a series of inconveniences; the company offered to provide a reimbursement by way of an apology.

OP, thank you for sharing your experience and I'm glad that the customer service response was good.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
To be fair, the OP did not ask for compensation; Disney asked the OP what they could do to compensate.

A reasonable complaint was made after a series of inconveniences; the company offered to provide a reimbursement by way of an apology.

OP, thank you for sharing your experience and I'm glad that the customer service response was good.

EC
My apologies to the OP I read it as they asked for compensation, have read it again and it's still a little unclear

But still can't get my head around getting upset about these little issues, no bits n pieces and your off down to complain. Takes a minute to pick the phone up to housekeeping and it's sorted.

People are different I guess.

And yes telling them in no uncertain terms! Cringe. The team at OKW are brilliant, and would have been nice as pie. I know who's side we would have been on.