Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Aug 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
I was extremely polite to the reception staff, I work with the public every day & know how to get my point across without offending anyone on the front line as I am in that position every day.
"I told them in no uncertain terms" was what grated with me. There are ways to put a point across , but when dealing indirectly (e.g. Reception when discussing a housekeeping issue) that isn't it for me.

Edited at 01:29 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
So I can't put my point of view across ? Trolling? Haha.
I think complaining about such minor things instead of just asking and telling receptionists "In no uncertain terms" is typical of some people on holidays, totally different to what we do or have ever done, not just us but all family and friends.
But as I said some people are different, fair do's
As for Disney offering compensation for such minor issues, more fool them.
i refuse to be drawn into this any further your points have been noted & accepted, as previously stated these "minor" things all added up & I POLITELY put my points across & was offered an apology which was accepted & offered compensation which was accepted. You do not know me to accuse me of being"certain types of people" this is the first time I have ever had cause to raise an issue.

these comments are also another reason I very rarely post new threads on this forum & I doubt if I will post again any time soon,
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There is a way to complain , nicely but firmly , it was the no uncertain terms that wasn't appropriate for the level of complaint for me. If you haven't complained about anything ever before maybe you didn't realise though.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
i refuse to be drawn into this any further your points have been noted & accepted, as previously stated these "minor" things all added up & I POLITELY put my points across & was offered an apology which was accepted & offered compensation which was accepted. You do not know me to accuse me of being"certain types of people" this is the first time I have ever had cause to raise an issue.

these comments are also another reason I very rarely post new threads on this forum & I doubt if I will post again any time soon,
Did I say or accuse you of being "certain types of people "
Don't let someone disagreeing with you stop you posting.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
and how is the OP meant to have their cereal say if no bowls or plates and why should a complaint not be warranted for not getting their bedding cleaned when it should be

We have been members at SSR for 15 years and I can only speak for SSR but I am with MrTomorrow on this there housekeeping needs sorting

and for SSR yes there is definitely a language barrier here. I had to ring and on some occasions caught the housekeeping person as she was walking past or in our room and at every occasion they did not speak any English

special clean requested only to find previous occupants stuff under the bed so therefore no special clean was done.

over the years full clean days missed. we are paying a lot of money in dues and we should not have to keep ringing to sort
Ali. I feel your pain as well. Not one visit have we ever had since 2005 at SSR where Housekeeping has been right.

Now it may be just missing off the coffee or soap. But what galls me is when they come in your room on full clean day, take the tip, clean the bath and leave.
Where are my towels and everything else!

I have better things to do with my time than chase them up.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think you were completely in the right. If you're paying for a service you expect to receive it.

One problem can be overlooked but several become very frustrating.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I too would have spoken to housekeeping, after all if you have issues but don’t tell them how can they put things right for you and other guests, OP you were right to tell them, they need the feedback when things aren’t right x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I found the Mouse keeping very hit and miss at OKW, which is why I will opt out in the future at least then you get the option to pay if you want a full clean, and I wil, have no expectations 😆
On a side note...
I do think that if people don't agree or like a post it would be better to move right along, instead of making rude or nasty remarks, IMO! There is no need to add any comments as no one really has to ask for everyone's approval #justkeepswiming 😊
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I didn't realise we were supposed to get more coffee etc. I thought they just gave you some to start you off, then you had to provide your own thereafter. Have I been doing it wrong?
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
I found the Mouse keeping very hit and miss at OKW, which is why I will opt out in the future at least then you get the option to pay if you want a full clean, and I wil, have no expectations 😆
On a side note...
I do think that if people don't agree or like a post it would be better to move right along, instead of making rude or nasty remarks, IMO! There is no need to add any comments as no one really has to ask for everyone's approval #justkeepswiming 😊
I agree that people shouldn’t just post to be rude or nasty to the OP however I think a different viewpoint makes s discussion worthy. It may bring something up that the other party hadn’t thought of. (Or maybe I shouldn’t have posted this alternate opinion!)
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List