Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Pixie Dust this way please! Updated!

Hi guys,

I know this will probably seem trivial in comparison to those having health issues right now. But this is affecting my mental health.

Had an issue in work on Thursday with a manager. Another manager decided to get involved and REALLY upset me. It became/felt like a personal attack. I was taken off shift as I was a complete mess, crying my eyes out because of what had been said.

I then had a meeting with another manager about it and explained that the first issue was not a big issue and in my eyes no longer and issue it was now mamabgef 2 that absolutely escalated everything and made it 100% worse. That manager is leaving so they’re not doing anything about it.

To make Thursday that bit better I had an email from a job I REALLY want offering me a telephone interview on Saturday morning (today) all agreed and set up. Got up early this morning to prep for it, they never called. I emailed them after half an hour to check they had the correct number and I haven’t heard anything back. I am absolutely gutted. Cue more crying and feeling awful about myself and that I’m just not good enough. This was a replacement full time job as I was lied to about what my current job was and I’m so incredibly bored with it and I really want out.

Got into work today and found out that manager 2 has actually told manager 1 that I have said stuff about them - categorically did not other than that they way I was spoken to was out of order. Manager 1 has nownundetstandbaly avoided me and I feel absolutely horrendous.

Confidence is knocked completely, I feel broken and can’t stop crying.

As I said, nothing in comparison to what some are going through but I needed to write it down.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 06:50 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m sorry you are having a tough time. I have no great advice as I take thing to heart myself.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie65
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just want to send some pixie dust your way, hope you feel better in the morning
Annie65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Aww no you are having it rough 😕 hope things improve quickly for you

Pixie dust by the bucketload coming your way

Jane xxx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Hey Scaramouche!

I hope writing it all down has helped a bit.

Reading your post, two things struck me.

Manager #1 -- he/she might be avoiding you or it might just seem that way to you; either way, any manager worth their salt would be actively dealing with staff issues (however they arise) positively and constructively.

...So, if I were you, I would approach the first manager calmly (i.e. when you're feeling a bit better ) and clear the air. Just explain it from your side, that's all you can do.

The other thing that struck me is that it feels like you're putting everything on yourself, IYKWIM.

Interpreting things as criticisms of yourself isn't true, but it can feel true, especially if it's an approach you are used to taking.

Try to get used to not believing thoughts that undermine your self-worth. You are worthy full stop. We all are.

Hope you feel better soon and I'm sure you'll find a job you enjoy much more.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thank you all, this place really does help. Pixie dust is very much appreciated!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Sending you a big comforting hug and lots of pixie dust. I take everything to heart and cry at everything. Hope you get a new job soon
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Hey Scaramouche!

I hope writing it all down has helped a bit.

Reading your post, two things struck me.

Manager #1 -- he/she might be avoiding you or it might just seem that way to you; either way, any manager worth their salt would be actively dealing with staff issues (however they arise) positively and constructively.

...So, if I were you, I would approach the first manager calmly (i.e. when you're feeling a bit better ) and clear the air. Just explain it from your side, that's all you can do.

The other thing that struck me is that it feels like you're putting everything on yourself, IYKWIM.

Interpreting things as criticisms of yourself isn't true, but it can [I]feel[I] true, especially if it's an approach you are used to taking.

Try to get used to not believing thoughts that undermine your self-worth. You are worthy full stop. We all are.

Hope you feel better soon and I'm sure you'll find a job you enjoy much more.
Hey!

Thank you so much

Point 1 - Absolutely. Next week I will try to speak to them on their own, they are actively avoiding me at the moment which has made things tricky but I am going to deal with this next week as they are off tomorrow. I’m quite happy to move on with this manager and forget about it.

Point 2 - I know I put a lot on myself. It very much feels that way at the moment, it’s just all bad timing mixed together I think.

Thank you
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
...Point 2 - I know I put a lot on myself. It very much feels that way at the moment, it’s just all bad timing mixed together I think.

Thank you
It is tough when challenging things all seem to happen at the same time.

Here's some more pixie dust to help keep you afloat while you find your feet again.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Pixie dust and big hugs to you, no one should have to put up with what you have endured imo, tattle tailing from managers out of order
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List