Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm very sorry I've been out to lunch and only just seen this. Mea culpa.

Have any of you seen a cavapoochon? It's the cutest little thing. I'm not allowed another dog because we go away too much but we are going to Devon soon and the owner of the place we are staying breeds cocker spaniels so I'll let you know if there's any pups Mickey.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Just get the inhumane snap traps baited with nutella, that way you know when they’ve been caught and you don’t have them decomposing under your floorboards
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I'm very sorry I've been out to lunch and only just seen this. Mea culpa.

Have any of you seen a cavapoochon? It's the cutest little thing. I'm not allowed another dog because we go away too much but we are going to Devon soon and the owner of the place we are staying breeds cocker spaniels so I'll let you know if there's any pups Mickey.
Thank you and please let me know because it can be difficult finding genuine breeders. Devon is hardly local, but we don't mind travelling for a healthy well breed cocker.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thank you and please let me know because it can be difficult finding genuine breeders. Devon is hardly local, but we don't mind travelling for a healthy well breed cocker.
If you're looking for a cocker Google fallowfen gundogs. I'm sure they've been breeding them lately of not I think tealmark spaniels in suffolk

Edit: they are in Norfolk, just north of Norwich.

One of my friends got his cocker from there, beautiful dog with great pedigree and not badly priced

Edited at 04:51 PM.
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sproodle Tilley is very cute. I wanted a westie poo but dh didn’t and he got his own way for once. Saying that I love our girl, I have a bad back and she’s got me lifting up to the window and down again, lazy b#tch!
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
If you're looking for a cocker Google fallowfen gundogs. I'm sure they've been breeding them lately of not I think tealmark spaniels in suffolk

Edit: they are in Norfolk, just north of Norwich.

One of my friends got his cocker from there, beautiful dog with great pedigree and not badly priced
Thanks for the info but I could only find a training place in the midlands with that name that only mention labs. I wouldn't get another dog with gundog genes as our gun dog springer boy was gorgeous but so so hyper and after 2 hours of him running around the woods he would come home and bring me his ball to throw him (I would have him back in a flash though).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the info but I could only find a training place in the midlands with that name that only mention labs. I wouldn't get another dog with gundog genes as our gun dog springer boy was gorgeous but so so hyper and after 2 hours of him running around the woods he would come home and bring me his ball to throw him (I would have him back in a flash though).
See that’s a misconception that Fallowfen like to play down. If you walk gun dogs until the point they collapse they end up mega fit, they are best kept mentally stimulated rather than excessively exercised. My springer can make do on 30 mins a day without issue.

I also find cockers to actually be more energetic than springers in many cases
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

During Christmas last year we discovered we had a mouse in the loft. We put down humane traps so we could release him/her. A couple of days later, I discovered that the little darling had ventured into our "back room" aka dumping ground where I have a few fridges and freezers and where I keep the packet foods over Christmas. He had only crunched through my box of Fortnum and Mason mini mince pies and taken one out! He ignored the Waitrose ones!
We put a trap in the room next to where the pies had been and hey presto there he was in the trap. Hubby took him 2km away and released him -had to really -he had such good taste for a mouse!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
During Christmas last year we discovered we had a mouse in the loft. We put down humane traps so we could release him/her. A couple of days later, I discovered that the little darling had ventured into our "back room" aka dumping ground where I have a few fridges and freezers and where I keep the packet foods over Christmas. He had only crunched through my box of Fortnum and Mason mini mince pies and taken one out! He ignored the Waitrose ones!
We put a trap in the room next to where the pies had been and hey presto there he was in the trap. Hubby took him 2km away and released him -had to really -he had such good taste for a mouse!
Your mouse certainly had a taste for the good life

Fair play to you and hubby to set it free so far away.
Unfortunately we definitely had more than one mouse because I was frankly shocked that they ate all packs of poison (apart from the poison I put down last night), and I would imagine there would have been loads of them to eat that much.

I will check again in the morning to see if they have come back, but I will leave all the poison under the cupboards just in case (it's all screwed behind the plinths at the bottom of the cabinets where our doggy can't access it).

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Your mouse certainly had a taste for the good life

Fair play to you and hubby to set it free so far away.
Unfortunately we definitely had more than one mouse because I was frankly shocked that they ate all packs of poison (apart from the poison I put down last night), and I would imagine there would have been loads of them to eat that much.

I will check again in the morning to see if they have come back, but I will leave all the poison under the cupboards just in case (it's all screwed behind the plinths at the bottom of the cabinets where our doggy can't access it).
Try Fortnum and Mason mince pies in the traps - seemed to work for me!
I'm used to catching mice -we have 5 cats who like to catch them, bring them in, drop them on the floor (alive) and saunter off to eat Dreamies leaving the mouse thinking "what now"! In comes the take away container, lid slides underneath and hey presto back into the wood for mousey!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List