Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

Smelly cat!

Hi, can anyone recommend a dry cat shampoo that they’ve used, as much as I love my moggie, he smells , my other cat who sadly is no longer with us, had a lovely smell but for some reason my big ginger moggie smells so bad, have looked at a few dry shampoos online but thought would check if anyone has actually used one
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I bought one when my two were kittens and it was like a foam that you stroked into them from pets at home but tbf , it’s just mingled with the smell of them so wasn’t the best .
They had Giardia so had to constantly clean all sorts off them 🤮
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I buy groom professional products from Christie's online for the dog. If they do similar for cats they are amazing. We have baby fresh christmas cookies woodland walks and prince cologne all in a spray.The smell lasts. Baby fresh smells like baby powder.

Edited at 06:03 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by laura View Post
Hi, can anyone recommend a dry cat shampoo that they’ve used, as much as I love my moggie, he smells , my other cat who sadly is no longer with us, had a lovely smell but for some reason my big ginger moggie smells so bad, have looked at a few dry shampoos online but thought would check if anyone has actually used one
Has he been “fixed”? If not he may smell a lot. The other thing to check is his ≈≈≈≈ glands aren’t blocked ou weeping.

As for shampooing, one of ours had been under a car so had to have a real shampoo. So it was on with the long welding gauntlets and into the shower for her. She was not happy showing us exactly what her claws were for. We used Johnson’s baby shampoo. Must have been ok as she is still living!
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I would get him checked out at the vet to make sure he hasn’t got a kidney infection as that can make them a bit smelly .
So can a rotten or abscess tooth .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

Thanks all, he’s well and truly neutered as he’s 13years old, he had his teeth done last year so all ok there although his breath smells and he cleans himself so it could be that, he’s also checked every year at vets so his health is good too.
We noticed he smelt more now since losing our other moggie, she was a right baby and loved her cuddles while he was always quite aloof, now since her passing he seems to like getting pets & cuddles but only on his terms still and that’s when we’ve noticed how smelly he can be .
Was thinking of giving him a bath but he would rip us to shreds as he can also be a bit wild, he’s a hunter too so it’s maybe where he is going to hunt that’s smelly and the smell stays on him.
He’s got his boosters coming up in the next couple of weeks so will see what if vet recommends anything.
I think he’s just gonna be a big smelly cat , but we still love him
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We bath ours 😹 he gets cross but having it quite deep and a jug to pour over quickly works.

He came home covered in fox poo so no choice🤮

We use a pet shampoo
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We bath ours 😹 he gets cross but having it quite deep and a jug to pour over quickly works.

He came home covered in fox poo so no choice🤮

We use a pet shampoo
He can actually smell like he’s been in poo but there’s never been any on him, that’s why I think it might be smelly where he is hunting.
Might see if hubby is up to maybe giving him a wash as I ain’t getting on his bad side as he can certainly scratch and bite when he’s getting something done to him, he even hisses at us and falls out with us when we do his flea treatment, got to sneak up on him when it’s time for it as he senses what we are up to and bolts
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We use this for our kitties and it seems to work quite well at freshening up their coats:

petsathome/shop/en/p...for-cats-250ml
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We use this for our kitties and it seems to work quite well at freshening up their coats:

petsathome/shop/en/p...for-cats-250ml
This was the one I was talking about .
The smell just reminds me of cat poop now *shudder*
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List