Notices

Old 30 Jul 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going this weekend, staying at the Alton Towers hotel. We are also planning to visit the water park and I’m happy to report back on what it’s like when we get back!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

One plus about staying onsite atm is you can get in via the Galactica entrance until 11am so you don’t have to do the mammoth walk to the main entrance.
Entertainment is still on , we are in the bar at the Alton towers hotel now and they have a lady singing outside .
Bar is table service .
Water park tomorrow so will be glad for a break from the park crowds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We are going this weekend, staying at the Alton Towers hotel. We are also planning to visit the water park and I’m happy to report back on what it’s like when we get back!
Please that would be great.

I did notice the complimentary mini golf game as well with on site bookings.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going next week for a couple of days and staying in premier inn, not liking the look of those wait times though!
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
We are going next week for a couple of days and staying in premier inn, not liking the look of those wait times though!
They’re crazy.
Spin ball was 90 mins .
Thirteen was 100, wickerman was 120 and went down to 90 by park close .
Honestly , it’s mad here and I usually love Alton towers but no way are they restricting numbers and especially not for day guests (you can tell as hotel guests have a purple wrist band to say you’ve been temp checked and the hotels are very quiet) , the queue to get into the resort took us an hour this morning , stretched through the town !
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
They’re crazy.
Spin ball was 90 mins .
Honestly , it’s mad here and I usually love Alton towers but no way are they restricting numbers and especially not for day guests (you can tell as hotel guests have a purple wrist band to say you’ve been temp checked and the hotels are very quiet) , the queue to get into the resort took us an hour this morning , stretched through the town !
Doesn’t sound like an experience I’m up for - especially seeing as it’s a 3 hour drive for us (hence the overnight stay) and we are used to not queuing anything like that at Disney or Universal. Half an hour tops if we didn’t have a fast pass / express.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Doesn’t sound like an experience I’m up for - especially seeing as it’s a 3 hour drive for us (hence the overnight stay) and we are used to not queuing anything like that at Disney or Universal. Half an hour tops if we didn’t have a fast pass / express.
It’s 2 and a half hours for us and was not a bad drive as traffic not quite back up to normal levels .
Yeah longest we ever queued was for hagrid’s last summer and as much as they have decent rides here , they’re not a patch on hagrid’s over there.
Hopefully the novelty will wear off and the crowds disperse soon .
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

It’s 2 and a half hours for us and was not a bad drive as traffic not quite back up to normal levels .
Yeah longest we ever queued was for hagrid’s last summer and as much as they have decent rides here , they’re not a patch on hagrid’s over there.
Hopefully the novelty will wear off and the crowds disperse soon .
Might hold off until the back end of Summer Hols then
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

They’re crazy.
Spin ball was 90 mins .
Oh god! , we haven’t been for a few years because our last visit was ridiculously busy and I vowed to never go again so I really hoped with current restrictions it would be better, at least we have 2 day passes to try and do it all this time😳
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went a fortnight ago..not being stringent with masks at all and wait times were high. Still enjoyed the change of scenery, theme park junk food and a couple of rides.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List