Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Nov 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
asdash
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We are doing Christmas for the first time this year. My 2 are 13 and we have already planned an early family Christmas the week before we go where we meet up with family and do Christmas dinner and presents
Mine have just asked to take stockings with us so they can open those on Christmas day - other than that the only request is to have a swim in the villa pool on Christmas day!
Andrea
asdash is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
I love the sound of the personal shopper, I hadn’t thought of that! Do any of you have links and/or personal recommendations? A big click and collect order at Walmart also sounds good. My boys are too nosy, they will be rifling through the cases before we leave looking for presents. I think it would’ve a nice touch if they only managed to find a couple in my case but then arrived to find more under the tree.
Hello, I used Beth at Fairytale Personal Shopper on my recent trip and she was fabulous. I could order online and deliver to her, or she went shopping for me. She also created 2 fab gift baskets with treats and presents for us. Absolutely amazing service.
Her website is here and she's great at responding to emails too -
Fairytale Personal Shopper

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
My plan was to take stocking presents and normal presents with us (small and light!) and leave a letter with the presents saying he couldn't bring them all to Florida and some would be waiting at home. Now I'm thinking of doing a Xmas day before we go and give them some presents then, from us, not Santa. A complication is that I need to buy some bits from American Girl while we're there, with kids in tow, for Xmas day. I didn't think of all this before we booked!
Idea - speak to Beth at Fairytale Personal Shopper, you could order from American Girl and have delivered to her, or if you let her know what you want she will get it for you. She's then deliver it to you when you arrive. She's really good fairytalepersonalshopper/

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
I’m glad I’m not the only one with strange kids! They are really quite freaked out by the thought of being in Florida for Christmas. They just kept saying “but what about our presents?” and “what if it snows in England, we will miss it”
I really wasn’t expecting their reaction. When my husband said that we were having a holiday instead of presents (jokingly), I thought my big smelly hairy 15 year old was going to cry! 😂
Mine are exactly the same and they're 19 and 16 now, would love to go to Florida for Xmas but they won't even contemplate it, I will go one day but may have to wait until they've left home and doing their own thing.

I'm sure once they're there they'll have a great time 😊 .

Edited at 10:05 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You and family will have a great time. We have been doing Xmas in florida for a few years now. Our kids range from 22 to 8, and they have all been from when they were in nappies. When they have spent Xmas in the UK, they have ask why there weren't in florida.

So you will be surprised how the kids adjust.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List