Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Paulaf87
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Black Friday flight sales

Hi

We have booked our trip to Florida for next September
Does anyone know if there will be any black Friday offers on flights? X
Paulaf87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure last year as we had already booked by then (though I didn't read of any deals on the Dibb), but the year before there were no good offers for flights on Black Friday, cheaper prices came around Xmas.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

As with almost every other black Friday deal, the price will be advertised as a deal, with mega saving, but in fact be more expensive than during the year or will be cheaper in a few weeks.
UK black Friday is not like US black Friday. So many people believe a deal is great because of the word 'Deal'.
We have friends that bought a laptop as it was advertised black Friday week deal, saving over £200. Sorry but it was never the original price in the first place, and has in fact been sold cheaper in the past.

Sorry, Black Friday rant over with.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Any retail business worth their salt will attempt to get their very best prices at all times in order to maximise profits and therefore dividends to shareholders. That is merely stating the obvious.

In the past, I have waited for Black Friday and other sales on flights (and other things). In the case of flights, I perceive rightly or wrongly, a ramping up of flights in the weeks preceding a sale in order that this money may then be knocked off to much fanfare.

I understand that seats are sold in blocks, that a slow take up of seat seats may result in a reduction and that prices rise steeply in times of greater demand. If seats remain unsold until the last minute, then of course there will be discounts to get rid of them (no good to me as I have kids and am tied to long range booking and school holidays).

I do research. I try to detect 'trends' I carry out 'dummy bookings' all the time and record my results. I try moving dates as much as possible (within parameters). In the case of Florida, I dummy book on direct/indirect as well as arriving or departing at Miami, Tampa, Daytona, Sanford, MCO and even Pensacola (which I love). I am extremely flexible and tailor my holiday around the flights once I have purchased them.

I do not only visit Florida and do vacation elsewhere. In all my 57 years, I believe that the very best time to by flights is once all major players have released and then, maybe a fortnight after that.

I have never yet got a flight bargain in any type of sale. Maybe this is just me and I am doing something wrong!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Airlines typically don't need to do black Friday sales, which are just a huge gimmick. Flights will tend to be cheaper at othet times of the year, mostly when ticket sales are slow not when they know people will be looking for cheap flights.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List