Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Easter Flights 2019

Hi All

Feeling slightly anxious at the flight prices at the moment. There are only a few out for Easter 2019 - virgin fly drives, Thompson and Thomas Cook. They are all coming out at ridiculous money about £1000 each

We have booked such a gorgeous villa and really want to get flights secured. I know we are early as not all released. Just need some reassurance they will be a more realistic price soon?

Thanks
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rnewman1
Earning More Ears

Following along as I too am worried... the Thomas Cook flights look silly, especially when the planes are empty
rnewman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stratford
Excited about Disney

We also have a villa booked for Easter 2019 and watching the prices we have never flown indirect but am seriously considering it
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Neilyboy
Earning More Ears

in same boat and following
Neilyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Its far tio early to get the full gambit of flights and those travel companies know this.
that's why they are so expensive. Until the scheduled flights are available, you are not going to get the best flight prices and that's not gouing to be until May 2018 onwards.

They rely on you being anxious and wanting to get it all booked and they do take advantage of that.

Take for example, our prices for next November. Only flights available currently are Virgin holidays, as the charters don't fly in winter months.

Gatwick to Orlando, Economy with basic car £2,100 per person (And Upper Class a total of £7,100 and you still have to add a car)

Now I know that I will eb able once the scheduled airline s are booking, a choice of airports to fly from and into, and I know I will be able to get Business Class Via BA/AA from Dublin Indirect as an example, with Full size SUV for two adeults and 1 16yo for a total of £4,000

just wait and prices will come down
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Flights this early are always "stupid money" as they have a captive audience of people worried in case they can't get their flights or the price may rise...

You will need to wait until about a month after Easter 2018 before you can get even a glimmer of an indication as to how expensive Easter 2019 will be
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you will hold tight and wait!
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

I'd also be inclined to monitor prices now for if you were going in 2018, to see if there are any good deals.

We're next going in Sept 2019 for our honeymoon and so I've been keeping an eye on prices this year to see how much it would be for next year, and as we want to fly Virgin it's far cheaper to wait for sales and Ive noted roughly when these are!
Old 16 Nov 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
I'd also be inclined to monitor prices now for if you were going in 2018, to see if there are any good deals.

We're next going in Sept 2019 for our honeymoon and so I've been keeping an eye on prices this year to see how much it would be for next year, and as we want to fly Virgin it's far cheaper to wait for sales and Ive noted roughly when these are!
And this is the key!
Research research.
I have 10 years worth of typed up comments for our 3 flights per year. So I know exactly when to pay for flights. Never panic and never book a package.
Prices do stabilise.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

If you will go indirect there will be some great bargains. We are flying out on Sunday on the weekend before Easter with BA and booked in Sept. Our flights are £1090 for 3 of us connecting through JFK.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List