Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Has anyone flown American Airlines or united?

How was it? Are bags and food included in their economy price? Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Flew American Airlines Heathrow to Miami in August. Very impressed, friendly cabin crew, good IFE, food was fine. Actually preferred them to Virgin, BA and Aer Lingus - would definitely use them again. (Bags and food included in economy price.)
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes to bags and Yes to food (on the transatlantic leg but not on domestic flights)
I've flown enough with both I've had frequent flyer status with them . I rate both higher than Virgin overall ... but I've had some shockingly bad Virgin flights as well as good or OK ones.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We flew with them last week to Orlando via Philadelphia on the way out and Chicago on the way home. Way out was fine no problems great plane with plenty of entertainment, seatback screens. The way home was an older plane so no seatback screens. When you do the internal leg you get wifi to watch their films on your own device but you do need to download the American Airlines app first so if you go indirect and can get wifi at your connecting airport download the app before you get on the internal flight. I think from Manchester on some routes they often give you an older plane and you have to land in Maine before you get to Chicago they did that on the Monday before we came home last Friday. However, I would still travel with them as even without the seatback entertainment it wasn't bad.
should have said we got 23kg each for the baggage allowance, one piece of hand luggage plus an extra piece. Food and drink were included though some of the alcoholic ones you do have to pay for. Food was fine, normal airline food.
Another bonus was on the way home we were TSA prechecked which meant we could skip the big lines at Orlando Airport and coming in to Philadelphia we cleared immigration in 10 minutes.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew AA on a BA codeshare this August. Very impressed with the plane, loads of leg room lots of good films and couldn't fault the food. We took extra bits of food with us (only what we could take through security) and didn't eat it. Flights booked through DialAFlight, highly recommend, found the flights on the ITA matrix at £550 and DialAFlight booked for me plus a car, so a package and only had to pay the deposit. Heathrow to Daytona via Charlotte. Daytona being just a 1 1/2 hr drive to Orlando. Would def go with AA again.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Flown AA indirect twice and very impressed. Preferred them to Virgin and BA. Food and luggage were included. Better IFE than on virgin or BA but I know that depends on the specific plane you are on. Trying Norwegian next year as we got a very cheap price.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Flew with United in 2016 no issues they were find both ways via philly and chicago.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thankyou

So if I get any indirect flight that lands somewhere else before Orlando, can I clear immigration there first? And then head straight through to back pick up in Orlando?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Yes that’s correct. You collect bags at the first stop, clear customs then drop them with the airline close by then head for your next flight. You land in Orlando as domestic which is bliss. So quick. On the way home your luggage goes straight through. No need to collect it at the stopover airport.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Flown many tines with AA, a very good airline and service.
But the only thing I will say is yiu gave to choose your flights carefully.
For example, last year we took AA from Dublin to Philadelphia the to Orlando. Tge flught from Dublin was on an A330 and was fantastic, however the journey from PHL to mco was on a 767 which only gad centre isle overhead TVs, even in first class.
Was ok for the two hour flight, but, this exact plane had done the Glasgow to PHL and that woukd be 6 hours without personal IFE.
But food and service was great
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List