Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Disney gift card - buy here, spend there?

I was planning to buy a Disney gift card for DD and SIL at Christmas to spend on their trip next year. I thought I'd be able to buy in dollars from the US site and have it sent here, but they don't ship the physical cards internationally.

I don't want to get an e-voucher, and I don't really want a sterling physical card which I could get from the Disney store here, but it looks like these may be the only options ... or can anyone suggest another solution?

TIA
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The only way I can think of is you have an old one or know someone who does you can phone to load it. Either that or if you know someone who is going before Christmas that would get you one?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyonabudget
Getting Excited

Maybe get them a post office card, pre loaded with the amount on? put it in a cute disney envelope, they can top the dollars up if they wanted then as well!
disneyonabudget is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the suggestions! Both good options I hadn't considered.
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bath1960
Excited about Disney

Disney will not now let you load an old one by phone. You used to be able to load a small amount this way but they have stopped you loading anything by phone. You can only do it at the parks or store in the US.
Bath1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bath1960 View Post
Disney will not now let you load an old one by phone. You used to be able to load a small amount this way but they have stopped you loading anything by phone. You can only do it at the parks or store in the US.
Thanks for the update.
Old 20 Nov 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Gift cards sold in UK Disney Stores can ONLY BE USED in UK Disney Stores. They don't sell them for use in the USA.
You are probably best just getting them $$$ to be kept safe until their trip. You could always put in envelopes decorated with Disney stickers.

Disney Store Uk site:

Gift cards can only be used in our Stores, including Pop-Ups. They can't be used Online or in concessions (eg Disney Store at Harrods).

Gift cards purchased at a Disney Store can only be used in a Disney Store in that market, eg, if you buy a gift card in the UK, it can only be redeemed in UK Stores. Disney Store gift cards aren't valid for use in Disney Parks or on disneystore.com, and we can't swap currency for any gift cards.

Edited at 05:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

My daughter bought one for me a year ago,i have it packed to spend on my upcoming trip.
The receipt has an activation code on it..if you know someone going they could purchase for you,bt receipt must be kept