Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
moanaminute
slightly serious Dibber

An American friend asked me to bring Curly Wurly and Heinz tinned sponge puddings.
Went on a wild goose chase as seems Heinz stopped making them a few years ago! Managed to find some in Morrisons - hope Simpsons tinned puddings are comparable 😉
moanaminute is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
One customs man asked me if I had any pork pies in my bags, with a broad grin on his face ! I imagine he’d confiscated some beforehand - how else would he know they existed !
They do have tellies and the internet over there.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Stupid question alert...so I can put teabags , dry snacks for baby from home, robinsons squashed in our hold suitcase and I declare them? So it's your suitcase they search when you declare stuff? Sorry!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We don't always have the suitcases checked but did this time too all,of 2minutes
You can take all you have mentioned just declair it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We don't always have the suitcases checked but did this time too all,of 2minutes
Thank you
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
They do have tellies and the internet over there.
I’ve never seen pork pies on NCIS !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I love how they almost always comment - We have shops here.
So they do but they often don't have things that we like. Mine is HP sauce and I'm not paying paying $8 a bottle in some Brit shop. Their chocolate (with the exception of Ghirardelli) is vile. Their version of Cadburys is a travesty. If we are allowed to take stuff in what's the problem? I have yet to find anything that approaches decent tea in the States.
And I want to take stuff that is British as a treat for American friends. I have have one friend in Seattle who goes mad for Percy Pigs. Another adores proper Scottish shortbread whist my mate in Florida adores a bottle of single malt whisky.
Geoff

As you've probably noticed over the 13+ years that we've been on the DIBB I regularly post the link to admissible foods so naturally answered "yes" to the machine's question about food. Got the black cross on the print-out as everyone saying "yes" does.

In our case it was instant coffee and Coffeemate to be met with "You can get that stuff here". Not a hint of amusement on his face.

Nobody manning customs and straight up to the monorail to be met with alarms everywhere. The night of the exploding camera battery and MCO in lockdown. Not much fun for two 70+ year olds walking the whole monorail route with two cases. :angry:

Mick
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Hiya Helen Always sent with our single case to customs X-ray upon arrival, perhaps they disbelieve the minimum declared for our long stay. Usually get the, 'we have that', IO raised eyebrow when declaring decaf Yorkshire Tea/Carte Noire (now L'Or) instant coffee... err, no, you most definitely don't have either in SW Fl, altho you can buy L'Or pods I believe. They don't mock the Cadbury's we take, they too seem to know Hershey's, under licence, Cadbury's is dire! No matter how hard I try, hubs Cadbury's stash never lasts him long, then he enjoys Ghirardelli.

An American pal collects teapots, including a beauty from China, but can she heck as like make a brew. I've shown her the few simple, but paramount, steps but it doesn't seem to sink in, so I make it, hmm, perhaps that's her intention They're now such huge decaf Yorkshire Tea fans my brother takes them a box too!

For the first time ever, cabin case space dependant, I'm taking a 907g, 12 month matured, Tesco Finest christmas pud, couldn't resist as they're on sale at £6.67.

Hope you're enjoying your holiday Helen, you most definitely aren't missing anything here, we're around two weeks late heading off than usual, our arthritis is giving us hell due to the damp weather we're having up here. Roll on next Monday!
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nobody manning customs and straight up to the monorail to be met with alarms everywhere. The night of the exploding camera battery and MCO in lockdown. Not much fun for two 70+ year olds walking the whole monorail route with two cases. :angry:

Mick
Hey up Gadgey Mick, would you be so kind as to elaborate on that? Are you saying the monorail wasn't running and there's a pavement/walk between the arrivals hall and the atrium?
Old 21 Nov 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’ve never seen pork pies on NCIS !

At least one American knows about pork pies!

Edited at 12:37 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List