Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Nov 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Have BA planes been upgraded?

We are considering world traveler plus with BA but when we flew BA last month (to JFK we were WT) the Plus cabin didn't look that impressive, it looked very tired and shabby.

I know they are planning on upgrading their flights so i was wondering if anyone knew whether the flights from London to Orlando have been upgraded and what WT+ is like on them?

We aren't going until next August.

Thanks
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

They start this year in Q2
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We fly with ba in may,first time as we usually fly with virgin,but the price was really good at the end of the day as long as we get there safely that's the main thing would be nice to get an upgraded plane though
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lulu-Belle View Post
We are considering world traveler plus with BA but when we flew BA last month (to JFK we were WT) the Plus cabin didn't look that impressive, it looked very tired and shabby.

I know they are planning on upgrading their flights so i was wondering if anyone knew whether the flights from London to Orlando have been upgraded and what WT+ is like on them?

We aren't going until next August.

Thanks
THIS article dated March 2017 may help.

Lulu, bear in mind WT+, for many, can't hold a candle to VA's PE, BAs seat width is 1" more than economy at 18.5" vs PE's offerring of 21".
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
THIS article dated March 2017 may help.

Lulu, bear in mind WT+, for many, can't hold a candle to VA's PE, BAs seat width is 1" more than economy at 18.5" vs PE's offerring of 21".
Thank you - BA are much cheaper, but we were initially planning on going with Virgin, however their prices have gone right up. I might wait and see if they come down again near Christmas. Thanks ChrisS
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

We fly 'economy' next May Gatwick to Tampa and to say I'm looking forward to the flight with some trepidation is an understatement. We've already had our pre booked seats changed, we paid £53 each for each leg, (no refund as apparently that's what BA charge now!) so I guess we're on one of BA's 'densified' 777s with 10 abreast instead of the previous 9. I know people say that it doesn't matter as long as you get there ok but if I'm spending 8/9 hours on a plane I want it to be in relative comfort even if I'm in the cheapest seats. If you read the article mentioned in one of the above posts, a comment is made about the seating on one of the 'densified' planes (not a 777) looking very TIGHT! After 40 years of transatlantic travel I suspect this will be my last one with BA. This year I flew with TC for the first time and it turned out to be one of the most comfortable flights I've ever had.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

I hope they are upgraded. I had the misfortune of flying with them to Vegas a couple of years back for work. Awful plane. Cramped, really poor IFE, stuffy... Terrible. Didn't help my perception that I was travelling economy and had travelled to Orlando on Thomson's Dreamliner in Premier a couple of weeks before!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Not been to Orlando with BA but We flew back from Vegas in WT+. In August. Very shabby and not a patch on Virgin. Was worth the tiny amount I paid to upgrade (£90 each) but would have felt ripped off if paying much more than that. Foot rests did not work and IFE was shockingly bad.
Old 22 Nov 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

It’s interesting, now it’s BA being complained about old aircraft and shabby interiors, it’s not that long ago, it was Virgins 747’s getting these complaints
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lulu-Belle View Post
Thank you - BA are much cheaper, but we were initially planning on going with Virgin, however their prices have gone right up. I might wait and see if they come down again near Christmas. Thanks ChrisS
Might find a good sale around Christmas Lulu - we bought our VA PE flights in the Aug sale for flying next Monday, via lastMinute.com, for £687pp. So a good idea holding out for a sale.