Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie92
New Poster (4)

Mobile Package holiday or DIY

Hi,
I have been watching direct flight prices for august and they seem to be staying around the £1000 mark. I have found a package holiday for 21 nights with direct flights staying at the Rosen Inn International for £1586pp. Is this a good deal or should I hold my nerve hoping flight prices drop in a month or two and book flights and hotel separate? TIA
Minnie92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I guess you take the £586 per person, add them together and divide by 21 in order to find out what you are paying per night for the Rosen before seeing if you could book it (or similar), cheaper on bookings.com, Expedia, etc Etc.

You then weigh up whether you need transfers or are driving yourself.

For what it is worth, and I have visited Florida rather a lot, I would never, ever pay £1000 for flights.. or even anywhere near it. If I really needed to go and I could not get the price for directs down, then I would use indirects as well as considering arrivals and or departures from Miami, Daytona Beach, Sanford and Tampa. Also, I do not know where you live or intend flying from. In my case, the argument for flying indirect from Heathrow as opposed to direct from Gatwick is compelling, especially considering that as well as saving a fortune, it is actually just as quick door to door, provided I can get a 3 hr layover going out and a 1 hour coming home.

I would suggest that you do more research before reaching any conclusion. Good luck!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

For August coming we're got direct flights with BA (with an inconvenient Manchester to Heathrow flight the day before) for £550pp. There are ways and tricks to use before thinking all direct flights are £1000pp. Just takes some research, plenty of dibb forum reading and you'll get it for far less!
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I like DIY for flexibility. We do split stays so enjoy Disney on-site, I Drive and maybe beach stay. We stopped at Rosen Plaza which is a 4* last August and it cost about £65 per night, booked with Virgin Holidays hotel only. Hotel lush, it had been refurbished and we got a top floor room as we had requested.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
DIY it then go into a Travel Agent and get them to match/beat it then you have it covered in a package
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Agree - compile diy prices like I did, then phoned Travelplanners ((Jorden was excellent) who beat my diy price and booked with only a deposit. Had i booked diy then would have had to pay for flights in full!
CJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just booked for May 2019 and paid £4200 and that’s for 2 kids, 2 adults, 14 nights at Cabana Bay Universal, flights & car through VH. So on average that’s £1000 each for everything. I thought this was a good price unless I’m missing something?
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We've done both and both have had their benefits; time before last we did flights with Thomas cook and hotel direct with Disney which was cheaper but paid flights full upfront. Last time we went with Virgin as we were trying for a second child and wanted the flexibility to change should we need to, that came to pass and Virgin were brilliant in changing it, paid more obviously but for us that was worth it.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve just booked for August, we got return flights LGW to Tampa outbound, and Club World FLL to Gatwick inbound, with Full size SUV and a night in the Bloc Hotel at LGW for less than 1000pp.

I wouldn’t pay 1000 for economy return in a million years.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List