Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Aug 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Motion sickness...any miracle pills? O

I missed out on so much last time because I went on Forbidden Journey & it made me feel awful for the rest of the day! I really want to try and do a few more rides, especially FOP, but I’m worried the motion sickness monster will get me again 😂

Does anyone know of any decent tablets you can take to try and combat it? I can’t handle feeling ropey all day as it’s auch a waste 😂
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

These patches come recommended by sea fishermen in helping with sea sickness/motion sickness... you stick it behind your ear and can leave it in place 2/3 days...

Not sure if the image has worked but google ‘scopoderm patches’

Edited at 07:00 PM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Bonine worked well for me. Was nearly sick after Spiderman first time around. Was fine second visit with Bonine.

You can pick it up on eBay or get it cheaper when you're over there.
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I feel for you I always got motion sickness on the rides,also on flights I always know when we have lost height or gone up before it comes up on the screen my stomach just flips and my ears buzz,but I have no problems in cars I dont know if its because the rides are indoors and my eyes have no point of reference so I cant adjust,I never really got over it I just sit out the rides now
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
melandjake99
Proud to wear my Ears

Any of the over the counter ones are good. Kwells if you can get them or Sturgeon are the ones we take. I always take one to do the rides
melandjake99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Stugeron works really well for me, I feel absolutely fine on rides after taking it.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I also wore some bands around my wrists- just cheap ones off ebay and I felt much better than any other trip. Even managed the simpsons and usually I am messed up for the rest of the day after that!
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks All! Although does sturgeon make you drowsy? I take other medication for a heart problem so trying to find one that fits, and I can’t get to my GP before we go on Thursday! I might just have to suck it up and avoid those rides 😢

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Streetm
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I used Boots own travel sickness tablets last time and actually enjoyed all the motion rides.
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thanks All! Although does sturgeon make you drowsy? I take other medication for a heart problem so trying to find one that fits, and I can’t get to my GP before we go on Thursday! I might just have to suck it up and avoid those rides 😢
Stugeron only makes me feel a little bit drowsy on the first day that I take it and it’s not enough to have an impact on my ability to function. If you can’t see your GP perhaps a pharmacist could give you advice on which travel sickness tablets are compatible with your heart meds? Happy travels
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List