Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Oct 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Everyone is different so it is hard to know what would be best.

DD and I went on this in November and I loved it, she hated it and felt awful afterwards for quite a while, others on the ride were crying.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is 7 and can be sensitive about rides and pre show. I was worried about this due to how you’re seated. She was absolutely fine. We’d watched FGTVers on you tube riding it so she was insistent she was going on. I’m really glad she did. Let him try and if you have to bail nothing lost. X
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My 8 and 10 year olds absolutely loved it. My 8 yo was a a little nervous and I could hold his hand during the ride.
My 5 yo is usually very brave and loves roller coasters but after I tried it I didn’t take him on. It is very intense if they are sensitive and still believe things are real.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
staceylc
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for all of your replies. We watched a video on YouTube earlier and it was filmed from behind the seat so he could see the floor moving.

He said he's not sure if he wants to go on it now so will just see how he goes nearer the time.

We're not going until May so will watch the video again before we go.
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

My son was 6 when he went on last year, he is hit and miss with thrill rides but he didn’t like this.

He felt like he couldn’t breath when the back restraint came up just before the ride started and that made him feel panicked through it.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

The ride itself is ok. But they do ramp up the experience in the show rooms by scanning you and they saying you will be linked to your banshee. The seating arrangement means that you could be sat either side of your son , but once in the seat everyone is secured by the back rest and that could tip him over. The rooms are really dimly lite also to add to the experinece. If he has not rode Soaring then maybe give that a try first.
To add my sone used to do the exact same thing and talk himself out of things to the extent of actually getting on a ride and just before the safty bar comes down walking off. We now use the DAS which reduces the time in the Q and allows him to focus on other things before hand and now his has ridden everyting apart from RnR.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
The ride itself is ok. But they do ramp up the experience in the show rooms by scanning you and they saying you will be linked to your banshee. The seating arrangement means that you could be sat either side of your son , but once in the seat everyone is secured by the back rest and that could tip him over. The rooms are really dimly lite also to add to the experinece. If he has not rode Soaring then maybe give that a try first.
To add my sone used to do the exact same thing and talk himself out of things to the extent of actually getting on a ride and just before the safty bar comes down walking off. We now use the DAS which reduces the time in the Q and allows him to focus on other things before hand and now his has ridden everyting apart from RnR.
DAS does help alot but at FOP you still have at least 10 minutes of build up. It has the longest load time from end of Fastpass/DAS queue to actual ride that I can think of.
Old 30 Oct 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I honestly think that it may be a bit much for him? You could most likely skip the pre show, but during the ride, you are "stuck" sat down. If he didn't like it half way through then I'm not sure how he could get off?

I must say, I hated FOP. Came off it and felt so ill, I couldn't stand up.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

**SPOILER - please do not read if you do not wish to know some of the finer details of FOP.**

The thing that isn't visible on any video of FOP is when the back pad comes up you are pressed firmly against the chest pad at the front. This front pad vibrates as you "connect" with the Avatar.

That seemed to be the thing that freaked some kids out (mine are much older and loved it.)

Also the Banshee "breathes" so you can feel pads against your legs inflate and deflate like you are on a real animal.

We had one delayed ride whilst we were in the seats due to a child freaking out in the next bay to us because of that vibration. It is made worse by the fact that you are strapped in so a child is hysterical and can't get off the ride.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List