Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jul 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ILoveLeith View Post
I assume you need to check into the camp site to get your magic bands, but don't need to actually stay there if you don't want to?
Yes, no ones going to check up on you .

You can check-in online, then you just have to pick up your bands (+parking pass) from the main desk. We did this last year, actually stopped off to have a wander round FW before heading back out to the parks.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by andybonny View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of a booking page.

Are you taking about Fort Wilderness or is there a separate Camping site?
disneyworld.disney.go/resorts/#/campground

You may have change your region to (United states English) at the very top of the page.
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
andybonny
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
disneyworld.disney.go/resorts/#/campground

You may have change your region to (United states English) at the very top of the page.

Thank you...

And just to confirm:-
If i book a pitch for one day for 5 people how many Magic bands do I get, how may days of parking passes and this does enable me to book fastpasses for the 2 week duration of our off site holiday?

This sound great if its true.

Andy
andybonny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes i couldn't work out how to book at all until some kind dibber pointed me in the direction of the United States English button. And with regards to people not actually staying i don't suppose Disney care... less cleaning up to do!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you...

If i book a pitch for one day for 5 people how many Magic bands do I get, how may days of parking passes and this does enable me to book fastpasses for the 2 week duration of our off site holiday?

Andy
You get magic bands for everyone in your party (you need to have them all in your friends and family list on MDE) so yes 5 magic bands.
You get parking for every day when onsite, including arrival and departure days. So 1 night gives 2 days free parking.
You can book fastpasses at 60 days for the length of your ticket. So if you have a UK 14 day ticket, you can fp for all 14 days BUT You can initially only book 60 days ahead of your check-in day for your onsite days. Then you can book day by day at 60 days ahead of the actual day.
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you...

Andy
Yep you get fastpasses at 60 days, one day at a time, for the duration of your tickets which you have linked to MDE. I know this for a fact because we go in a month and booked everything at 60 days based on a 1 night stay at Fort Wilderness campsite. Only counts from day of reservation onwards so we have booked for beginning of holiday. We will have free parking at parks check in and check out day and have already been invited to customise our free magic bands. And we get Evening Magic hours at Pandora check in and check out day. Amazing deal.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
andybonny
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
You get magic bands for everyone in your party (you need to have them all in your friends and family list on MDE) so yes 5 magic bands.
You get parking for every day when onsite, including arrival and departure days. So 1 night gives 2 days free parking.
You can book fastpasses at 60 days for the length of your ticket. So if you have a UK 14 day ticket, you can fp for all 14 days BUT You can initially only book 60 days ahead of your check-in day for your onsite days. Then you can book day by day at 60 days ahead of the actual day.
Thank you. You're being exceptionally helpful.

Final question:

We have booked out trip through Kenwood Travel and the balance is due in a week or two so we don't have our Park tickets yet. I do have a MDE account from a previous year but this years tickets arn't yet associated with it. Should I wait until we have paid Kenwood our balance and associated our park tickets on MSE before booking a 1 day pitch to gain the all benefits you mention?

Andy
andybonny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. You're being exceptionally helpful.

Final question:

We have booked out trip through Kenwood Travel and the balance is due in a week or two so we don't have our Park tickets yet. I do have a MDE account from a previous year but this years tickets arn't yet associated with it. Should I wait until we have paid Kenwood our balance and associated our park tickets on MSE before booking a 1 day pitch to gain the all benefits you mention?

Andy
Your very welcome, happy to help.

I think you should be fine to book now then add the tickets when you get the details from Kenwood. Personally I would book it now (as availability can be an issue).
I'm sure Disney would fix it if, for some reason the 60 day FP didn't show on MDE when you add your tickets.
Old 20 Jul 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Hi how far out can you book a campsite? Thanks
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List