Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jul 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

It used to be our favourite park but whilst I still Tower of Terror and Aerosmith I wonder if it is still worth a visit this year.
Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

This was our first time to Florida , and this was our favourite park with AK...
loved the atmosphere of the park and felt immersed...
having been to DLP 16 times MK was a let down for me , just didn't feel the magic , everything felt big and cumbersome, don't really know how to explain , liked the new bits and liberty square , think DLP is just so stunningly beautiful but didn't want to compare
We are thinking of going back in 2019 , will the new things be open by then ?
Looking forward to seeing HS in its full glory..just gutted we never got to see the great movie ride , it looked great...
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I think Disney know that the Magic Kingdom is the only park that Walt Disney planned from the start that's why there's so many attractions still there from day 1. But the other 3 need to be kept fresh and updated like Universal has all the time. Like come 2019 DHS will just have the Indy show left from the opening years attractions. Where in Universal case will be 30 the following year and all they got left is ET.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

There was an alleged survey done by Disney. These are the names on the survey.

Disney Kaleidoscope Park
Disney Storyverse Park
Disney Hyperia Park
Disney Beyond Park
Disney Cinemagic Park
Disney Legends Park
Disney XL Park
Disney Cinemagine Park

They were also taking suggestions

Edited at 06:06 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Zombies in the Great Movie Ride? I can remember some static skeletons but that's about it.
Possibly thinking of the mummies and skeletons in the Indiana Jones bit?
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Agree with the OP the park has deffo' lost it's soul... my 15 year old daughter says it's her least fav' park (mainly as she thinks it's Star wars overkill... I said just wait for a couple of years! )... I remember when it first opened... real nostalgic look at the way films would be... GM Ride, Backlot tour, Monster Sound Stage and back to Neverland (Disney Animation)... loved it

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I'm sure there will be a name change shortly as it no longer represents mgm or Hollywood.
Well, it stopped being MGM Studios around 9 years ago. So it hasn't represented MGM for many years.

The park will still contain attractions tied to American movies whether Star Wars, Toy Story, Indiana Jones, etc. So it still has a link to Hollywood movies.

But it is no longer a "studio" (and hasn't been for a while now). So I can see them deciding to drop the "studios" part.

My only problem with "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" is that you just know some people will think that the park is in Hollywood rather than Florida. Admittedly, the same can be said for "Disney's Hollywood Studios" and we've managed for the last 9 years with that name, so perhaps I'm being overly concerned.

How about "Disney's Cinematic Kingdom" (or "Cinemagic" *ergh*)?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It depends what you're into. MGM was always a half day park for us. The Backlot tour got old very quickly as the the Great Movie Ride. I love Star Wars so the changes are positive for me. At the end of the day you can't please all the people all the time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'd quite like Disney's Hollywood Adventure as well... though Movie adventure would work better with the new lands. I would just be scared for ToT if they brought in Movie Adventure... because it doesn't work with ToT... or RnR for that matter.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I would just be scared for ToT if they brought in Movie Adventure... because it doesn't work with ToT... or RnR for that matter.
There was a Twilight Zone movie (see here).

And, erm, some of Aerosmith's songs were used in movies (yeah, ok, that one's a bit more of a stretch).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List