Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Aug 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Didn't pay toll - what happens?

Hi,

Arrived in Florida yesterday, on leaving Sanford I knew I wanted to head South all the way down the 417 but my satnav had different ideas taking me North on the 417 which I now know was to meet the i4 and come through Orlando.

However not wanting to do this I turned off straight away, determined to head South and immediately hit a toll which was unmanned and exact change only. I had no change yet! We grabbed an envelope in which you can send payment by cheque but don't have a cheque book with us.

Any idea what we should do/what will happen?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your car should be enabled anyway to use the Sunpass Lanes by taking a photo of your number plate. Even "pay cash" lanes are Sunpass.

You will get a charge on your CC from whoever you hired from. If it's Alamo - great they are the cheapest. If Dollar

You won't get any criminal proceedings from it.

Mick
Old 20 Aug 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by guruhd View Post
Hi,

Arrived in Florida yesterday, on leaving Sanford I knew I wanted to head South all the way down the 417 but my satnav had different ideas taking me North on the 417 which I now know was to meet the i4 and come through Orlando.

However not wanting to do this I turned off straight away, determined to head South and immediately hit a toll which was unmanned and exact change only. I had no change yet! We grabbed an envelope in which you can send payment by cheque but don't have a cheque book with us.

Any idea what we should do/what will happen?
I'm here now and I made a mistake on our arrival to and although we had change due to tiredness went through the sunpass lane. If your with Dollar and declined the sunpass (like me) it's $15 dollar admin fee plus toll which I believe will be added to your credit charge a few weeks later.

If it's Alamo as Mick sAid its only a few dollars.

Just relax and enjoy your holiday
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

This happened to us on Thursday. Front desk told us not to bother trying to sort as sometimes they see it's a hire car and don't charge -as long as you aren't a repeat offender. We will mention it to Dollar when we drop the car off and hope the front desk are right but will take the hit if needed. We had loads of change but it was in our room grrrrrr-we were so annoyed at ourselves!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Cool, thanks everyone. I'm with Alamo so I'll see what happens.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by guruhd View Post
Cool, thanks everyone. I'm with Alamo so I'll see what happens.
dead easy... they will bill your card with the daily admin fee and toll a month or so after you are home.

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkpoochie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This happened to us last year. We had even taken change but couldn't find it in the excitement.
We took an envelope and sent a cheque for about $1.60 when we got home. Don't think they ever cashed it.

Don't worry 👍🏻
Pinkpoochie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List