Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Question Hollywood Studios . . .

Hi all!

I last went to WDW in 2013 & heading back next April. When we last went we didn't find Hollywood studios a full day & since then (from what I can gather) Lights Motors Action has gone, Backlot tour has gone & now the Great Movie ride is closing in August!

So am I right in thinking for 2 non star wars fans without kids, all we'll have there now is Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania & Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

I which case, I'll only pencil in a few hours one day then park hop. Is there anything I'm missing? Hoping its just my lack of knowledge & theres more to do or that has opened that I'm not aware of!

Thanks
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID

Edited at 10:10 AM.
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
wildphantom
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by elliecjno1 View Post
Hi all!

I last went to WDW in 2013 & heading back next April. When we last went we didn't find Hollywood studios a full day & since then (from what I can gather) Lights Motors Action has gone, Backlot tour has gone & now the Great Movie ride is closing in August!

So am I right in thinking for 2 non star wars fans without kids, all we'll have there now is Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania & Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

I which case, I'll only pencil in a few hours one day then park hop. Is there anything I'm missing? Hoping its just my lack of knowledge & theres more to do or that has opened that I'm not aware of!

Thanks
Don't forget Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Muppets 3D.
Fantasmic is great.
I'd say 9am - 2/3pm is comfortable. Then return one evening for Fantasmic and a few re-rides.

Plus the 50's diner milkshakes are unreal.
wildphantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Frozen sing along? I love this! you can meet Olaf, Minnie & Mickey too (if you are like meeting them!) I thin the Star Wars fireworks are still on too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

They've removed a lot of the good stuff. It's definitely a half day park now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

At the moment, all I have planned at HS is a rope drop TSM with breakfast at Starbucks after (mostly to get the mug!) then an evening for Fantasmic. Thinking about doing the evening when we have a Boardwalk dinner planned, but will depend on show/reservation times. I would probably also go to the BATB show if I was on my own, but DH won't agree to see that.

I'd probably do a single evening there if I couldn't fit the two separate trips in. But if you're not interested in Fantasmic, a morning would be fine IMO.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have been discussing this today too. Think we will stick to our rope drop morning/early afternoon and then return for an evening and Fantasmic. Not much else left to fill the time.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

:)

Do give 'Sing along a frozen' a go. We have been in twice and laughed all the way through it. Disney have made it so that it will make the adults laugh! My husband was in fits of laughter and really enjoyed it although he hates Frozen with a passion.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Angcap View Post
Do give 'Sing along a frozen' a go. We have been in twice and laughed all the way through it. Disney have made it so that it will make the adults laugh! My husband was in fits of laughter and really enjoyed it although he hates Frozen with a passion.
I agree, my husband was dreading this but he (and our 15 year old daughter and myself) really enjoyed it.

Likewise Muppets 3D. Plus Star Tours, TOT and Rock n Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania. Then you have Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks. I love Hollywood Studios, feel it is more laid back and relaxing but still has lots to see and do.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would still do star tours as well if I was you.
We are not great Star Wars fans but still enjoyed the ride.
It was my 10 year olds favourite ride and she has never even seen the movies (I know, I know, bad parent alert &#128514
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
superchris84
Having Dinner with Goofy

We also last went in 2013, December 2013 to be exact. On the face of it, in my opinion, the attractions that have actually been removed are not a huge loss, it just doesn't leave you with too much else left to do.
In our case, as we return again in December this year, it's the lack of Osborne Dancing Lights that will really hit us the hardest, particularly as it filled a gap between finishing off rides and waiting for Fantasmic (also because it was one of the highlights of the holiday - I hope they relocate it this year! ).
Despite the disappointment that I think HS offers at this time, in our case we have the new experience of Pandora to look forward to which we didn't get last time and we only spent a half day at AK. So in turn our previous half day park AK now turns into a full day, and our previous full day HS turns into a half day.