Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jul 17, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Sorry another volcano bay question

We are hoping to visit VB in about 10 days. Expecting it to be extremely busy so we will only be doing about one ride plus the kiddie area.
We are not staying onsite so no early access and we are not buying the express passes and we will probably arrive about 9am
Will we get in?
It's really a case of looking round and checking it out so only planning on a few hours there.
Is it still getting to full capacity ? If so do they let you know before parking?
Thanks
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Today it did get to capacity. It tells you this if you go to the universal website and check the opening times page. I checked at 11am local today. My friend got there early today and were first at rope drop but spoke to people who got there at 9:30. Obviously the people hadn't done the same amount of rides as my friends.
I believe there's a message before the car parks telling you VB is full.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
Today it did get to capacity. It tells you this if you go to the universal website and check the opening times page. I checked at 11am local today. My friend got there early today and were first at rope drop but spoke to people who got there at 9:30. Obviously the people hadn't done the same amount of rides as my friends.
I believe there's a message before the car parks telling you VB is full.
Thank you
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You need to be at the booth for 8am. By the time u park up and get on the bus get over to Volcano Bay and que for your tapu tapu it will most likely be 8.30/8.45am. You walk into the park and they will drop the rope for 9am. Its fab. Even just to do one ride and the lazy river or the wave pool ul still have a lovely time. We went expecting nothing and ended up loving it. We dis try to go back on the 3rd July day b4 4th July and couldnt get in it was at capacity. I emailed Universal to tell them we were disappointed as we had been up early and we at booth for 8.30 am and they sent me a free pass for the 4 of us for next yr so happy with that!
Old 22 Jul 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's 10:15 and the park is at capacity.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We are just back to UK today, we were in Florida for a fortnight and managed to get 2 days in at Volcano Bay as my 2 teenagers were desperate to try, we went both Mondays as we thought it might be quieter. I was talking to a woman at our hotel the night before our first visit and she said friends of hers had been turned away the week before as it was at capacity by 9, we went for 8 both days and it was very busy, people staying on site get in first so the first time we really struggled to get seats, the second time we went we went further up the park for rope drop and managed to get 2 beds half under a parasol. The second time we went the kids managed to do most of the rides they wanted to do, although the big one that drops through the volcano (I forget the name) was around a 3 hour wait so they didn't do that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List