Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jul 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bigmick
Getting Excited

Park on your first day?

Does anyone do a park on there 1st day there?

We land at 3pm, i've booked fast passes for MK for 7pm 8pm and 9pm. Was thinking it might keep us awake...
Bigmick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

By the time we get cases, through immigration, collect car then check in, we are knackered so just grab a QS before going to bed early. We're up at silly o'clock the next morning and more able to appreciate the parks fully.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

In a word no... After 10 trips over 14 years, I now prefer to hit the sack on UK time, so sleep from about 8pm- 5am US time, sleep properly, then be up at the crack of dawn and first one in the queue for the park next morning.

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do you have children or is it just adults? Which resort ? Don't forget the time difference. That 9pm fastpasses will actually be 1am to your body clock.
I would agree with others that it would be best to have a bite to eat, a stroll around your resort and be up early and raring to go in the morning. I would estimate the minimum time from landing to resort would be 2 hours.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I would not do it, even if I had enough ticket days to go to the park on arrival night

I just see it from a psychological aspect.
If I have plans (like FP+) and find we're too tired to go, or we're otherwise delayed and can't make it, I'd be under the impression that I'm missing out.
So I'd either be disappointed, or tempted to overdo it. And that's not the way i want to start my vacations.

well that's me, and everyone's different. but as other posters advised, it's probably best to just settle in, and then hit the parks at the crack of dawn when correctly rested.

On arrival night, we hang by the pool, and soak in the Florida heat.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Depends where you are staying. If at a Disney hotel, it's quite feasible to go to a park the first evening. Don't think I would if staying off site though. Also worth considering if you have children it can be overwhelming after the long flight with all the bustle and noise in the parks.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bigmick
Getting Excited

staying at CBR with an 8 year old so maybe you lot are right. was just thinking with being on site to make the most of, probably getting carried away though haha.
Bigmick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Some do it, but the majority of people, me included, will tell you it's just too much.

7-8-9pm Florida time is 12-1-2am UK time, and travel day normally drains you.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
always book fp... always don't do it
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

We might head into Epcot to grab some food and catch Illuminations, but we're staying at YC so it's an easy pop in and the walk would probably be nice after being cooped up in the plane. I don't think I would bother if it wasn't walkable though.

I have the same evening planned later on in case we're not feeling up to it.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List