Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
personally, I would choose Shanghai over HK if you can only do both. It's newer, more different in comparison to other parks.

Singapore is fab! we loved it. we stayed at "So Singapore" which, location wise was great. it's right next to "satay" street which is a must do IMHO. From here we used the metro (not far from the station) to visit the rest of singapore and sentosa.

Singapore is great for food as well, some recommendations here: thenorthernwrites/2...eat-singapore/
thanks Hannah this is amazing, sadly Shanghai has been dropped and its now HK, Bali and Singapore.

For HK do you have any recommendations for hotels as I'm really struggling. We had settled on the Eaton but some dreadful reviews has got me doubting that!

Love a food recommendation will be all over that
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
We stayed at the Royal Plaza and Hotel Jen in HK. Both very different hotels but would reccomend them both. The Royal Plaza give you 4G phone to use for free when your out and about which was a nice luxury. If you look on the MTR map I would reccomend staying somewhere near the red or dark blue lines as we found all the best things to do in HK were near them. For a food reccomendation you have to go to Tim Ho Wan restaurant. It's a Michelin star but will cost you about £14 for 2 people and the food is amazing. BBQ pork buns are a must to try 😀

Singapore along with HK are 2 of my favourite cities I have been to, so great choice 😀

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
No problem

I've only heard of Tian Tian (not eaten there though) and haven't heard of the rest! Too busy working I guess... Time to try to find someone to go with to check out the cheese/chocolate buffet...
haha! I think that's always the way when you live somewhere. Let me now what you think of the buffet!

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
thanks Hannah this is amazing, sadly Shanghai has been dropped and its now HK, Bali and Singapore.

For HK do you have any recommendations for hotels as I'm really struggling. We had settled on the Eaton but some dreadful reviews has got me doubting that!

that still sounds like an amazing trip. hmm the eaton looks abit far out for me. We did stay at the intercontinental for a few nights (only because I found an amazing price on travelbag and because kowloon is easier to get the disney from) we then stayed at the metropark wanchai, but it's now called Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, still gets good reviews on trip advisor. It's not in the best area (it's got a few red light district type bars) but there are some great restaurants nearby such as Café Gray Deluxe, pirata and honolulu cafe

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post

We stayed at the Eaton when we went in May and we really liked it.

We did specifically choose it for their great family rooms but the location was great and we enjoyed the breakfast.

The pool is small but it was fine the one day we had a chance to use it, we were too busy seeing the sights etc.

There is a MTR stop not far and the first day we walked down to the star ferry as it was nice to see the sights etc. We did a day at Disney from there and was easy on the MTR.

We chose to stay in Kowloon rather than the island and think that was good for us as the MTR is so easy to use to get anywhere. We probably only had 2 days on the island when we did the peak then a day at Ocean Park.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017

Edited at 11:29 AM.
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List