Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Aug 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Does anyone know why it's not possible to book T2 long stay in the multi storey car park any more?
Yes, I tried myself and then contacted the airport. It is due to limited parking with the building work going on. The agent advised I could book it as two separate booking to run concurrently. I asked would there not be a charge for not exiting at the end of the first period, he said not. He said the if the barrier doesn't lift use the intercom and give them the ref number for your second booking. He reckoned they had to do this due to people with mobility issues etc complaining. How true that is I really can't say. Our preferred choice too but unsure about the risk of being hit with a big bill on return.
macy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Yes, I tried myself and then contacted the airport. It is due to limited parking with the building work going on. The agent advised I could book it as two separate booking to run concurrently. I asked would there not be a charge for not exiting at the end of the first period, he said not. He said the if the barrier doesn't lift use the intercom and give them the ref number for your second booking. He reckoned they had to do this due to people with mobility issues etc complaining. How true that is I really can't say. Our preferred choice too but unsure about the risk of being hit with a big bill on return.
Thanks Macy, sounds a bit risky to me! Shame as we did this in April and it worked perfectly for us, I think we will go for the official meet and greet, we stayed at PI runger lane and could see the secure car park and the drivers appeared to take a lot of care of the cars
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Thanks Macy, sounds a bit risky to me! Shame as we did this in April and it worked perfectly for us, I think we will go for the official meet and greet, we stayed at PI runger lane and could see the secure car park and the drivers appeared to take a lot of care of the cars
I thought it was risky as well, we were at the multi storey at the end of April and found it perfect. I read reviews on the meet and greet which has really put me off using it. There is another thread where someone is saying that Premier Inn do onsite parking at the Heald Green hotel. It sounds a good price as well. I need to make my mind up though, as October is drawing close now.
macy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have done the parking thing before but won't drive home after a long flight home as I don't get to sleep on the plane and will not risk driving
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

Try a website called looking4parking, they sometime have good deals if you sign up as get a discount code.
We're hoping for long stay t2 but can't get prices just yet for some reason. Usually use meet and greet on site in last but they're not coming up either.
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinks_81 View Post
Try a website called looking4parking, they sometime have good deals if you sign up as get a discount code.
We're hoping for long stay t2 but can't get prices just yet for some reason. Usually use meet and greet on site in last but they're not coming up either.
Have you tried Holiday Extra's, sometimes you can find the parking you prefer on other websites. Think they have 15% off offer on with them as well
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alungrace
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Don't use this firm
dailypost/news/nort...icial-13485484
alungrace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by alungrace View Post
Don't use this firm
dailypost/news/nort...icial-13485484
There has been a lot of new items in the past few weeks about meet and Greet at different airports. Even checking recent reviews for Manchester's official M&G parking are poor. We have parked at Manchester many times over the years, never seen so many negative comment's. I wonder has anything changed recently eg the management or has it been outsourced Just seems strange to dip so fast.
Old 17 Aug 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Following this thread as we too are looking to get the price down for meet and greet t2. At the moment it’s £30 more than last time for a day less!
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto-paul
Imagineer

I think the best deal right now are premier inn with parking at £140 for 15 days

1999 comfort inn 2001 ASM
2002 & 2004 Nikki Bird
2009 Hawthorn Suites 2012 Embassy suites
2014 Rosen inn Point Orlando
pluto-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List