Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Aug 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WhiteKnight
Earning More Ears

Ford Flex.. AVIS full size SUV?

Flew into miami yesterday. After being put in the immigration line from hell, by the time we arrived at AVIS preffered to collect our full size SUV we just wanted to get it and go. We were told they didn't have any full size SUV but we could have a mini Van. Said no thanks we would wait, so the girl said she would check the garage to see what has come in. 20mins later she reappears with a filthy Ford Flex. Got told it is a really good car with low miles (10100),and sat navigation (it also has reversing camera's).
I had my heart set on a 'proper' SUV. The Flex is very low and not too big (we pick up a friend and get daughter from Ord on Saturday making us a party of 6). I also can't seem to move the driver seat forward as the electric adjustment seems to be broken. I plan to try and swap it in tampa (in Naples at the moment taking a few days to drive up to Orlando) or on Saturday at Ord, but wanted to check is in the right class as I can't see it listed anywhere as an AVIS full size SUV?

Huge thanks in advance..
WhiteKnight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Alamo class it as a premium crossover, in the middle between Standard SUV and Full Size, does the key code for the vehicle group on it? full size SUV with avis is group Z.

not the nicest looking car to be honest

Could you not try finding a local Avis depot in Naples?

Edited at 03:27 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. The Ford Flex, winner of the most boring shape car in the World!

The key to this is the seat, it's defective and thus making the car dangerous to drive. Pop into a depot to swap it or get them to deliver one to you.
Best of luck

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Examples of a Full size SUV with Avis

Avis Example:
Chevrolet Tahoe
Ford Expedition
GMC Yukon
Toyota Sequoia

Taken from this thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=814056

If we weren't happy we'd be taking it back and asking for something we'd booked.
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We landed yesterday into MCO and got given a lovely upgraded Chevy Surburban as our Full Size SUV so if you can wait until you get to MCO they'll probably have the best stock. I certainly wouldn't be happy with what you've been given

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WhiteKnight
Earning More Ears

Thumbs up

Thanks all. First rate advice as always.
Turns out (annoyingly) the seat adjustment does work, just me being useless with the dozen seat buttons. Still hate the car though. Will try and swap it out at the nearest opportunity. The wife says it looks like a Hearse.

On an unrelated note loving the inn at pelican Bay and Naples. Months of planning and research on the Dibb is certainly paying off.
WhiteKnight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Thanks all. First rate advice as always.
Turns out (annoyingly) the seat adjustment does work, just me being useless with the dozen seat buttons. Still hate the car though. Will try and swap it out at the nearest opportunity. The wife says it looks like a Hearse.

On an unrelated note loving the inn at pelican Bay and Naples. Months of planning and research on the Dibb is certainly paying off.
Glad the seat is working. get it swapped though as it's a dog if it's filthy.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I would just return it, we took ours back as the radio didn't work (the aerial was missing) but weren't impressed with Avis at all. The fist car we had was filthy and the one we swapped it for was filthy too, dust all over the dashboard and doors covered in suntan lotion, I don't think they check the cars over at all before they put them back out. The choice of SUVs is dire (this was at mco), there was a choice of 1 on the day we collected (admittedly it was after midnight) but we swapped it on the Saturday and again had the choice of 1 suv. Both times nothing in the swap/upgrade line except for standard cars (no suvs). Won't be using Avis again (unless another bargain fly drive comes our way), Alamo have a much better choice of cars.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. The Ford Flex, winner of the most boring shape car in the World!

The key to this is the seat, it's defective and thus making the car dangerous to drive. Pop into a depot to swap it or get them to deliver one to you.
Best of luck
Oh I don't know.
Anything with a BMW (spit) badge on it is worse
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Oh I don't know.
Anything with a BMW (spit) badge on it is worse
Ha ha ha. Anything German is better than any model that Ford churns out!

Let me think about this for 3 seconds. Ford Mondeo v BMW prices. No thank you I will stick to BMW engineering. I like my cars to be trouble free not troublesome