Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
truckergaz
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha ha. Anything German is better than any model that Ford churns out!

Let me think about this for 3 seconds. Ford Mondeo v BMW prices. No thank you I will stick to BMW engineering. I like my cars to be trouble free not troublesome
2002 325sei still running like a dream
truckergaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

all about hyundai / kia any car thats still using throttle cables instead of drive by wire is a winner to me

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha ha. Anything German is better than any model that Ford churns out!

Let me think about this for 3 seconds. Ford Mondeo v BMW prices. No thank you I will stick to BMW engineering. I like my cars to be trouble free not troublesome
Lol. As someone who worked within BMW "engineering" I can tell you that BMWs are no better than a Ford. Their warranty bill is by volume as big as Land Rovers.
They hide a lot of their issues by sorting them at servicing.

Oh, and all their front wheel drive, four by four technical ability was taken from British engineers.\, before buying Rover, they hadn't a clue how to produce either.
German engineering, my bottom
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
WhiteKnight
Earning More Ears

So a quick update. Today we had to go to ORD to pick up the other two who are joining us. Took the car to AVIS there to swap. At the Avis preffered booth was told all they had was a mini Van as all their full size SUVs were booked. They had rows of cars and dozens being returned (a lot different from the empty Miami lot). Said I'd happily wait but no dice. Not dropping it I asked what my options were, he said I could speak to the manager at the main desk. Went down and asked to speak to the manager, the lovely lady at the counter (Maria) asked if she could help and if not she would get the manager for me. I explained the situation and after making a few calls whispered that she had sorted me out. Had to wait for it to be processed but ended up driving away in this...

That's a luxury full size SUV Infinity Q80. Nicely fits all 6 of us and our bags.
That's the abridged version of events, will post a full account later with what I learned dealing with AVIS.

So thank you all again.
WhiteKnight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
So a quick update. Today we had to go to ORD to pick up the other two who are joining us. Took the car to AVIS there to swap. At the Avis preffered booth was told all they had was a mini Van as all their full size SUVs were booked. They had rows of cars and dozens being returned (a lot different from the empty Miami lot). Said I'd happily wait but no dice. Not dropping it I asked what my options were, he said I could speak to the manager at the main desk. Went down and asked to speak to the manager, the lovely lady at the counter (Maria) asked if she could help and if not she would get the manager for me. I explained the situation and after making a few calls whispered that she had sorted me out. Had to wait for it to be processed but ended up driving away in this...

That's a luxury full size SUV Infinity Q80. Nicely fits all 6 of us and our bags.
That's the abridged version of events, will post a full account later with what I learned dealing with AVIS.

So thank you all again.
Nice result. Well done. What I've learnt from my experience and yours and others DIBBS experiences it to politely stand your ground. Glad you have got yourself a nice motor. Enjoy it.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

We had an infinity a few years ago and were very impressed with it. I'm pleased you were insistent and got a decent motor.
Old 20 Aug 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WhiteKnight
Earning More Ears

I think that would sum up my advice perfectly 'politely stand your ground'. I'm not one to kick up a fuss. Difference between this and the Flex is like night and day.
WhiteKnight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List