Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Aug 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
It says included in the BA paperwork
Hi Tigger mine says the same. It shows as both ldw and Ali included in the BA voucher, but the card slip given to us yesterday is the same as yours. Ldw unavail and Ali accept. And showing Ali accept with 0.00 next to it but on the east veh charges then shows the 172.01... will phone Avis supervisor and BA too. Seems a lot of us are BA customers who are being at best mistakenly overcharged or at worst ripped off.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

On phone to Avis billing lady now. She said ldw and Ali covered under BA booking. There was no real clarity about why ldw and Ali were noted differently but she has assured me we are covered. She is now looking into the other side of the slip where costs are showing.

Incidentally at the Avis preferred desk there was a sign up which I didn't read too closely about rentals under 75 miles incurring an extra charge. We are doing more than that as are heading down to Tampa. But I cross checked the odometer reading in the slip against the video I took of the car on pick up and it is different. I have been assured by Avis that they will update the booking record.

So worth checking yours and take a photo of the odometer and number plate as well as any dings or scratches on collection.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
On phone to Avis billing lady now. She said ldw and Ali covered under BA booking. There was no real clarity about why ldw and Ali were noted differently but she has assured me we are covered. She is now looking into the other side of the slip where costs are showing.

Incidentally at the Avis preferred desk there was a sign up which I didn't read too closely about rentals under 75 miles incurring an extra charge. We are doing more than that as are heading down to Tampa. But I cross checked the odometer reading in the slip against the video I took of the car on pick up and it is different. I have been assured by Avis that they will update the booking record.

So worth checking yours and take a photo of the odometer and number plate as well as any dings or scratches on collection.
Thanks for letting us know what to expect. We usually do a visual of the bodywork before we leave the garage but never thought to take a shot of the odometer. I'm making notes of all this to keep handy when we get to the garage but we are not due in until 22:30 so I hope we don't feel too rushed to get out of the garage quickly/
Old 21 Aug 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post

Glad all is sorted and your LDW cover is confirmed.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I returned my car to Avis at RSW (Fort Myers) it was a BA flydrive

there was a $67 charge on the return receipt - I went to the desk thinking it was for fuel (I had returned full) but no it was for Personal effects insurance.

I had to be very forceful with the person behind the counter as they were trying to blank me by not saying what the charge was actually for.

My pick up receipt had all zeros so this charge had been added during or at the end of the rental.

In my opinion this is corporate fraud.

I stood arguing until a biggish queue had built up. A supervisor was called who wiped the charges.

I complained to Avis hq on my return - generic reply
I complained to BA - we will contact Avis (will they heck)

Last year I was complaining about Alamo adding on extras but at least they only do it at the beginning so you've got a chance of spotting it.
sotagals is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Just back at the weekend via Tampa to find out CC has been charged £377. When looking at the receipt I got at collection I've 'agreed' to personal accident insurance and personal effects protection.

I specifically said I didn't want any additional products and just presumed this was a breakdown, the receipts are difficult to read.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

Is there anything I can do?

Ps - for future renters, the crook who served me was TANYA.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Halowa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

I think that I am going have my phone ready to video anything if I have to have contact with avis re any 'extras'.
Old 21 Aug 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
Just back at the weekend via Tampa to find out CC has been charged £377. When looking at the receipt I got at collection I've 'agreed' to personal accident insurance and personal effects protection.

I specifically said I didn't want any additional products and just presumed this was a breakdown, the receipts are difficult to read.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

Is there anything I can do?

Ps - for future renters, the crook who served me was TANYA.
I would contact AVIS via Twitter, be prepared for a wait, it took 7 days to respond to me, ask for the refund and if they don't comply ask the credit card company to sort it as its an unauthorised payment.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by alannamr View Post
We've booked a BA Flydrive for Tuesday! I am also worried about this now.

If we check all documentation when we pick the car up, making sure that everything states $0 and again when we drop the car off, should that be sufficient? We have always hired from Alamo previously and had no issues whatsoever.

We fly into Tampa so hopefully they are better than MCO
Nope! They are not, they have caught us too. Fuming !
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katie View Post
I think that I am going have my phone ready to video anything if I have to have contact with avis re any 'extras'.
I think this is a very good idea Katie - record the transaction with the Avis desk//kiosk. I find it most disturbing that 'somebody' is adding extras after the hirer has left the desk.

I've said for years these sneeky charges are fraudulent but it seems Avis may be stooping to a new low re extras applied retrospectively.